Gameday Experience

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Update: resounding reflections from folks at Brions, no one wants to go to the tailgate because of Masons statements on booze there. About to head in to see for myself what it’s like compared to past years.
GK, the tailgate was so on fire that I couldn't find you through all the smoke, embers, and dancing hot co-eds! — Seriously!! — FANTASTIC PARTY! There was plenty o' beer, grilled eats, and hopping-good beats. There was even *gasp* a touch of marijuana.

Look, I spoke to Dave Ferris yesterday during the festivities and he confirmed my suspicions. The only reasons that "the note" was sent out was to settle things down before they got of hand and to indemnify the university by stating that they asked participants in advance to party responsibly. Dave said that there was NO WAY the university could or would even attempt to enforce their "no beer, no fun" statement.

Dave was delighted by the turn out. He stated that, opposed to last year, there were NO casualties of revelry. Mr. Ferris also stated emphatically that he wants to see more tailgaters next year throughout the regular season. In my estimate DF did a superfantabulouspectactuluoso of a job!! Props to Dave!! :kiss:

P.S. If you stayed at Brian's to protest the HC party, or wussed-out altogether, then 1.) You're a knucklehead; 2.) You seriously missed out; and 3.) You lost your opportunity to REALLY protest by sinking a brewskie in the parking lot in front of the evil authorities that are Mason administration. Shame and lame. :lookingdown:

Last edited:

By George.

Starter
The unfortunate part about every fake outrage is that the topic will just drift off without most admitting they were wrong. Will those that emailed or called David to bitch, contact him again to say never mind? I hope Brion’s was fun, I get not everyone wants to tailgate but if you canceled your plans to tailgate, you missed the best party on campus in years.

There’s enough shit at Mason to hate on, we don’t need to create issues. The tailgate was way better this year for many reasons - new location worked better, less enforcement on what you could bring into the tailgate, didn’t need to be funneled through a gated entrance and ID’d, cops were chill and just wanted beers put away in coolers, frats didn’t dominate the space but blended in.

Ike Tate, Sherrod Wright and Corey Edwards came to our tailgate, this was a HoCo we won’t forget.

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The unfortunate part about every fake outrage is that the topic will just drift off without most admitting they were wrong. Will those that emailed or called David to bitch, contact him again to say never mind? I hope Brion’s was fun, I get not everyone wants to tailgate but if you canceled your plans to tailgate, you missed the best party on campus in years.

There’s enough shit at Mason to hate on, we don’t need to create issues. The tailgate was way better this year for many reasons - new location worked better, less enforcement on what you could bring into the tailgate, didn’t need to be funneled through a gated entrance and ID’d, cops were chill and just wanted beers put away in coolers, frats didn’t dominate the space but blended in.

Ike Tate, Sherrod Wright and Corey Edwards came to our tailgate, this was a HoCo we won’t forget.
I couldn’t make HC this year. But I’m glad to hear it was a blast despite the email. I just hope alumni get word the tailgate was awesome. I wasn’t at all surprised by the email because Mason is always trying to kill the fun. I wish the administration would do a better job at bringing alumni back instead of trying to scare them.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I couldn’t make HC this year. But I’m glad to hear it was a blast despite the email. I just hope alumni get word the tailgate was awesome. I wasn’t at all surprised by the email because Mason is always trying to kill the fun. I wish the administration would do a better job at bringing alumni back instead of trying to scare them.

I agree. I just wish they didn’t say anything when it came to rules or anything. Just say it’s a tailgate, be responsible, your 10 dollars covers some cleanup and that we are so happy to have folks back on campus. Easy.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
The unfortunate part about every fake outrage is that thet topic will just drift off without most admitting they were wrong. Will those that emailed or called David to bitch, contact him again to say never mind? I hope Brion’s was fun, I get not everyone wants to tailgate but if you canceled your plans to tailgate, you missed the best party on campus in years.

Thanks for your efforts in making Homecoming the positive tradition that it is meant to be!!

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is a big loss. I cant think of much Mason did cool this century that wasn't his brainchild. Since he brought Mikey the Chimp there are many that believe he was the main reason for the Final Four run.
I’m sorry but what has been cool that mason has done since like 2009? I can’t name anything and attendance can’t either

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m sorry but what has been cool that mason has done since like 2009? I can’t name anything and attendance can’t either

beat Villanova, win 16 games in a row, beat vcu on a buzzer beater, win several games at the buzzer, just to name a few.

you’re welcome :crazytongue:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
beat Villanova, win 16 games in a row, beat vcu on a buzzer beater, win several games at the buzzer, just to name a few.

you’re welcome :crazytongue:
Didn’t mean basketball wise lol. Andy ruge doesn’t play for the team. Meant what cool events and promotions or fan things have happened