Gameday Experience

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Clearly, this will solve all of our political problems...or we can lean in to our conservative roots and just name the school after the Koch Brothers -- Koch Polytechnic University, or if that's too on the nose: Freidrich August Hayek University. Or conversely, we could really dig into our roots and rename ourselves Lord Thomas Fairfax University, or Fairfax U for short.

p.s. can you tell I'm avoiding grading end of semester papers right now?
FU! Hahahah

mason89

Starter
Worst idea ever!
Actually, I think something similar used to be on some of the university logos, "George Mason University: The State University in Northern Virginia." Hopefully we someday break away from the rest of the state and we can change our name to the University of Northern Virginia... :D

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Can anyone confirm, I just heard that regular pick up trucks were recently banned from tailgates at Mason. Something about them being worried about students falling off them because they like to stand on the beds of trucks. WTF Mason!

The image below is directly taken from the Mason Tailgating page. Why publicize it but then have rules against it.

LRM_EXPORT_20170211_200341-670x445.jpg

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen. No drinking at the homecoming tailgate? Get real. This is bad even by Mason standards.

Brad, were all those Redskins fans just sipping tea in the 90's outside fedex?? Get this house in order quick. You think attendance sucked before, this is the only game of the year your casual fan shows up for and this is the environment you are going to create?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is the biggest joke I have ever seen. No drinking at the homecoming tailgate? Get real. This is bad even by Mason standards.

Brad, were all those Redskins fans just sipping tea in the 90's outside fedex?? Get this house in order quick. You think attendance sucked before, this is the only game of the year your casual fan shows up for and this is the environment you are going to create?

It’s also pretty funny to think this is going to stop underaged drinking before the game. Have they been to the freshman dorms during any weekend?

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I hope students decide to not show up.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GOD FORBID COLLEGE STUDENTS HAVE FUN. Has the AD looked at our student section during games? Swim mom and her band of senile old sweater knitters is more animated than they are during games. Give those kids something to at least get them talking to eachother.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GOD FORBID COLLEGE STUDENTS HAVE FUN. Has the AD looked at our student section during games? Swim mom and her band of senile old sweater knitters is more animated than they are during games. Give those kids something to at least get them talking to eachother.
The bigger problem is that it goes deeper than the AD, this is a University problem. Say what you will about vcu, but that school knew what it had in Men's Basketball, and invested accordingly. This school either doesn't get it, or doesn't care.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The bigger problem is that it goes deeper than the AD, this is a University problem. Say what you will about vcu, but that school knew what it had in Men's Basketball, and invested accordingly. This school either doesn't get it, or doesn't care.

Very true, but if there's one entity within the University that has a vested interest in advocating against this I'd imagine it would be the AD, and the school may actually listen to them.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Who runs Homecoming? Is it University Life and the alumni association? I’d look there first for a lot of the social problems at the school. That and the university police department.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who runs Homecoming? Is it University Life and the alumni association? I’d look there first for a lot of the social problems at the school. That and the university police department.
Mason PD are much cooler than most campus PD's (Georgetown for an absolute fact). wouldn't go blaming them

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ridiculous decision by someone within the school. I was told its to curb underage drinking but last time I checked you should let your college students have fun.

Someone is an old grouch who believes in good clean fun, and not that college kids can act like they are in college.

J

JDK

Spectator
It's high time for organized action.

Email that man your opposition to this change.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
They don't get it AND they don't care. This Homecoming nonsense has me embarrassed to be a fan and alum. Why do something like this that won't do anything BUT alienate and distant the fanbase even more? I swear some of the people working at this University have absolutely zero sense of awareness. I'm checking out on George Mason (in general) until they give people a reason to f***ing care.

..and I applaud that Mikey guy (in hoc brother) for speaking out on Twitter. It gained some traction and drummed up backlash against the school's decision. Bravo, sir.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
None of this bullshit should surprise anyone. Hasn’t changed for years. It won’t change. Good clean fun as always.

I just treat homecoming like a regular game, I go see my people, I hang out at Brions. Why bother with any of this nonsense that the casual fan won’t even care about pretty soon. It used to be the basketball team was a draw at least, now If you can’t have fun as a student why bother