JBiggs

Starter
Doubtful that it happens, but I would like to see this general rotation:

Moore / Edwards
Allen / Holloway
Wright / Gray
Gujanicic / Williams
Jenkins / Copes

I think the starting unit will be most effective with a frontcourt that can both score and get defensive stops, and with Allen playing alongside a PG that can actually distribute the ball and slash like Moore. Williams can't play D, and Copes can't afford to start since he's capable of fouling out in under 10 minutes.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Doubtful that it happens, but I would like to see this general rotation:

Moore / Edwards
Allen / Holloway
Wright / Gray
Gujanicic / Williams
Jenkins / Copes

I think the starting unit will be most effective with a frontcourt that can both score and get defensive stops, and with Allen playing alongside a PG that can actually distribute the ball and slash like Moore. Williams can't play D, and Copes can't afford to start since he's capable of fouling out in under 10 minutes.

Agreed except I would start Cory for now.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed except I would start Cory for now.

I tend to agree with that, not because I think he's ultimately the best player but because he's been playing pretty well lately and Moore is coming off an injury. I do like the idea of starting Marko and Jenkins together. If this becomes a fast-paced game, they give us the best chance to get up and down the court.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see the hype in the Mt. Vernon bragging rights deal. Sherrod, just keep doing what you're doing when you get the ball. Team can't stop giving him the ball when he gets going either. We had a good amount of players basically playing in their backyard against Iona, which didn't help...in a game which you thought our players were on Mars.

Glad to hear that Moore will be back and is healthy again. It'll be interesting to see how we respond coming off that terrible loss. I expect the players to be down, but we'll see...I hope they aren't and somehow use it as motivation.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I don't see the hype in the Mt. Vernon bragging rights deal. Sherrod, just keep doing what you're doing when you get the ball. Team can't stop giving him the ball when he gets going either. We had a good amount of players basically playing in their backyard against Iona, which didn't help...in a game which you thought our players were on Mars.

How can you not look forward to seeing the Mt. Vernon, NY players compete against each other? Remember when former Oxon Hill H.S. teammates Lamar Butler & Phil Goss (Drexel) played against each other?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
How can you not look forward to seeing the Mt. Vernon, NY players compete against each other? Remember when former Oxon Hill H.S. teammates Lamar Butler & Phil Goss (Drexel) played against each other?

I really could care less about them facing each other. The two barely played together when at Mt. Vernon and aren't really friends or anything. I care more about the team playing well as a whole. They can go at it all they want and both score 30, respectively, but if we lose...who cares?

And no, I don't remember that. I was in high school in CT not following the George Mason Basketball program.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I really could care less about them facing each other. The two barely played together when at Mt. Vernon and aren't really friends or anything. I care more about the team playing well as a whole. They can go at it all they want and both score 30, respectively, but if we lose...who cares?

And no, I don't remember that. I was in high school in CT not following the George Mason Basketball program.

Of course it's really about how the team performs. But, basketball is a game of individual match-ups and these can really be fun to watch. And, if you had been around, I'm sure that you would have enjoyed the battles between Lamar Butler and Phil Goss.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Of course it's really about how the team performs. But, basketball is a game of individual match-ups and these can really be fun to watch. And, if you had been around, I'm sure that you would have enjoyed the battles between Lamar Butler and Phil Goss.

Alright, I agree with you. If they are actually both into it then it'll definitely be fun to see them go at it on the court back and forth. I was coming from the stand point that it probably won't motivate Sherrod in a significant way.