Game 9, Oklahoma (at Verizon Center), Dec 8th, 1 PM, MASN

GMUheckler

Preferred Walk-On
oh f**k. I thought this was on saturday... how could they schedule this on football time?
I'm thankful they are playing the same time in D.C. so I dont have to watch the Redskins lose and get to see George Mason pull off another miracle at the Verizon Center/ MCI Center/ aka The Phone Booth. I think we are due.

Bricker

Starter
We trail by double-digits most of the game and get it to within 2 thanks to some timely 3s with 3:30 left. BA gets called for a bogus charge after slashing and hitting a layup to tie it on the next possession, they waive off the basket, and we don't hit another shot the entire game.

Final Score:

Oklahoma 82, GMU 71

Sherrod says something about lack of intensity at some point in the game at the presser. An assistant waxes philosophical about the game's moral victories and preparing for a tough A-10 schedule.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm thankful they are playing the same time in D.C. so I dont have to watch the Redskins lose and get to see George Mason pull off another miracle at the Verizon Center/ MCI Center/ aka The Phone Booth. I think we are due.

I don't see any miracles happening under Paul Hewitt. I'm an out of towner. With 12 minutes to go on Wednesday night, I was happily trying to figure out what local bar I could go to and watch GMU amidst TV's full of football. After our latest epic collapse however, I'm staying home and my attention to football & Bill Rohland will likely be split 50/50.

If a miracle of miracles happens, I can watch a replay of the game on SNY at 5.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Feinstein was on with the Junkies this morning and thinks our game will be played in the 90s. Maybe Oklahoma scores 90, but not sure how we score that many points.

He also mentioned that next year's BB&T will be an 8 team exempt tournament. I had heard that was happening in 2016, but looks like that time table has been revised.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Feinstein was on with the Junkies this morning and thinks our game will be played in the 90s. Maybe Oklahoma scores 90, but not sure how we score that many points.

He also mentioned that next year's BB&T will be an 8 team exempt tournament. I had heard that was happening in 2016, but looks like that time table has been revised.

Oklahoma scores a ton - us not so much. After the Houston game last year I started to think this group capable of winning any type of game - high scoring or low scoring. I think GMU won that game 88-84 in OT.

Mason can keep up for a while, but a 10-15 minute stretch of being outscored 27-2 is inevitable.

gmu05

Starter
Mason plays to the level of the competition good or bad. I could see a high scoring game like the one against Houston. Hopefully will be fun to watch.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
They are calling for snow on Sunday, anyone driving to Verizon Center stay safe and I'll see you there.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason 78
OU 73

The most shocking win for Mason nation this year. Our first complete game.

Or, the death spiral continues and we get spanked by 20.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
The terrible weather forecast forces Oklahoma to ditch flight plans and make a desperate race to the game in a poorly-equipped bus. After sliding off a mountain road somewhere in Appalachia, the injured team finds itself stranded without cell phone connectivity in a blinding snow storm.

The local West Virginia mountain men stream in from miles around to provide the Oklahoma team a Deliverance-style welcome, and Mason is handed a default victory.

"De-fault! The two sweetest words in the English language!"

Junkees9

Sixth Man
This will be a preview of the type of butt kicking's we will receive with regularity from the top teams in the A-10 this year. Just being realistic here guys. I remember when we were excited because we had landed the highest rated guy (Copes) ever to commit to Mason. Not much to be excited about now....

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I remember how excited we were in 2006 to play in the BB&T until we lost to Bucknell. I also remember being bummed out that we drew an average East Carolina team in 2007, and then it got worse when they beat us. Trust me, no beating Oklahoma puts on Sunday can undo those unpleasant memories.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I went to the BB&T last year..as a Mason student they gave us free tickets, only problem was the seats were in the middle of a huge section of Maryland fans.

"Let's Gooooooo Maryland!" was up my a** the entire game....and then we lost.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
2004 was the the best BB&T for us despite the fact that we lost both games, because it had ramifications for our Final 4 run. Everybody thought Maryland and Michigan State were going to win their first games of the BB&T and then play each other in the winners bracket. Maryland trounced us by 22, but GW upset the Spartans.

Even though we ended up losing a close game to Michigan State the next day (66-60), there is no question in my mind it helped us the following year when we drew the Spartans in the first round of the NCAAT. In fact, I told my wife I was heading to Dayton, because I really thought we matched up well with them and could hang with them like we did in the BB&T the year before.

The rest, as they say, is history.