Game 8, South Fla, Dec 4th, 7 PM, MASN

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess we'll see who conducted the better spying operation, Mike Wells or Eric Skeeters.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I would love to see us play a game where Sherrod and Allen are both playing extremely well. Wonder what that's like?

IF that happens, we win by 15+.
GMU: 78
USF: 62
IF that doesn't happen, we move in slow-motion and barely score 60.
GMU: 60
USF: 53

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Mason a 5 pt favorite (rpiforecast.com). I think before this weekend's games, we were closer to 2-3 pt favorites.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
If we play defense we win - unfortunately easier said than done. Like all Mason games this will come down to the final minute:

Mason: 67
USF: 65

Haxormax

Starter
I heard that sherrod is gonna pull out his pork sword and teach these guys the 3 armed dribble.

105 us - 50 them

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Last year this game was painful to watch. Imagining the same this time around, but we find a way to pull it out, 57-53. Lots of people are unhappy afterwards and think Coach L would have beaten them by 30.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don't play better overall, and win somewhat comfortably (aka the game isn't in the balance with 2 minutes left) I'm terrified that this thread will turn into the Rhode Island one.

For my sanity, I hope we win comfortably.

Scythe

Starter
I say we win, but I want it to be a stabilizing game to show progress (especially within a team dynamic). I don't care what decisions Hewitt makes, I just want to see a team that works together with some fluidity and doesn't throw the ball away every other possession rushing or making lazy passes. Win or lose, that's all I want to see.

I'm hopeful we'll get there, but it needs to be sooner rather than later.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don't play better overall, and win somewhat comfortably (aka the game isn't in the balance with 2 minutes left) I'm terrified that this thread will turn into the Rhode Island one.

For my sanity, I hope we win comfortably.

If we don't play better than we played Saturday, we probably won't win.

Can't always count on the opponent to bring their C game.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don't play better than we played Saturday, we probably won't win.

Can't always count on the opponent to bring their C game.

Jim, I think you've already minimized the Rhode Island victory enough in the other thread. Here's to South Florida bringing their D game, so we can win back-to-back games we didn't deserve.