Game 8: GMU (4-3) vs South Dakota St. (5-2) on Wednesday, November 24, at 9:30PM.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Like that last possession. Sure, a turnover, but why isn’t XJ covering that guy and in position to just catch that pass and go the other way?

Masonfan3

Starter
And I expected a lot more from Blake Jones coming into the year. Guy looks lost out there and has very little athletic ability.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oduro’s touch is off in this game. He’s throwing the ball at the basket on a lot of his shots.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Is it too early to say I don’t like English’s defense? Maybe it’s just the players but the whole double and tripling people only to leave shooters so wide open that you can’t recover on them is not working.

Also, what the hell was Hartwell doing trying to guard the paint?
0 hedging on screens has been an interesting contrast to what we are used to watching on defense.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s like we have no plan defensively. Guys are being asked to double the ball, which plays right into their hands of leaving their shooters wide open. I’ve counted at least five times when we had no defender within 6 feet of the Jackoff Rabbit who scored.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
don’t jump down my throat everyone. But, this defense sucks. Given their size, they should be better.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gaines needs to get going. He hasn’t had a shot attempt so far. Would love to see Blake and XJ score in the second half (although Blake has 3 fouls and might be sitting to start the second half).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Four guys accounted for all 32 points (Oduro, Cooper, Schwartz and Hartwell). Need to get some output from Ticket, Blake and Johnson in the second half, and all 7 need to play better defense.

FreeGunston12

All-American
The refs let them play in the first half and are now calling everything in the 2nd. It's really hard to play with that sort of inconsistency in officiating. The winning team may just be the one that can adjust best to the refs here.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oduro needs to touch the ball on every possession. They can’t cover him with a single defender, and he can get it back out to an open shooter when they double him.