Game 8: GMU (3-4) vs Hofstra (6-2) on Wednesday, November 30, at 7:00 PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Stat that I didn't think I would see at this point of the year.

Justyn Fernandez is 6/12 from 3 point range.

However, just 7/21 from the field overall.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
he hit 3-4 big ones. The Mason norm is 2-4 so I am happy anything over 50% in clutch time at this point
As a friend and I used to say to taunt the other team "1 out of 2 is still failing".

Its always great to say it until it happens to us, lol.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I really liked the doubling of Estrada down the stretch....Of course, we didn't do it on the potential 3 point play he made on the last possession of the game, but make someone else beat you. Sure, it was a gamble, but a couple of times we rotated well and forced a tough shot and the other time, we forced their 3rd or 4th option to make the wide open 3. I can live with that because it shows me we were adjusting in game. The defense, on the whole last night, was much better.

Minor note: Whatever the last in bounds play was that we ran at the end of OT needs to be in the rotation for every game. Not only did Dinkins get open, but 2 or 3 guys got open on that play and that never happens with us inbounding late in a game.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The AJ pic got more likes, comments and re-tweets on Twitter than any game shots I have posted the past two games. So there's that.
I barely recognized him without the goggles.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I really liked the doubling of Estrada down the stretch....Of course, we didn't do it on the potential 3 point play he made on the last possession of the game, but make someone else beat you. Sure, it was a gamble, but a couple of times we rotated well and forced a tough shot and the other time, we forced their 3rd or 4th option to make the wide open 3. I can live with that because it shows me we were adjusting in game. The defense, on the whole last night, was much better.

Minor note: Whatever the last in bounds play was that we ran at the end of OT needs to be in the rotation for every game. Not only did Dinkins get open, but 2 or 3 guys got open on that play and that never happens with us inbounding late in a game.
Kim dialed up 3 really nice ATOs last night. While he is obviously still learning, people who claim he’s all media savvy and recruiting are missing the boat — this guy knows ball.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Anybody know why there wasn't a postgame press conference (or why they never shared it live on social media)?
Ditto---I always look for the presser after every home game but it's not on the Athletics facebook page this week. Inquiring minds want to know!

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Watched a replay of the game last night. Estrada fouled out (or should have) before that FT. Somehow they called a foul on him. He appealed, and they gave it to his teammate. Bill Rohland was all over it at the time.
Yep, if he would have taken his medicine he wouldn’t have twisted his ankle.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Watched a replay of the game last night. Estrada fouled out (or should have) before that FT. Somehow they called a foul on him. He appealed, and they gave it to his teammate. Bill Rohland was all over it at the time.

I thought that the misassigning of the Estrada foul occurred during OT.