Game 8: AT Univ. of Northern Iowa, Saturday, Dec 6th, 8 PM, NO TV

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
My mom is from Northeast, Iowa in a town about 10 minutes from Cedar Falls so at least there is that.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Disappointed, but at least they competed against a 7-0 team. I'm going to go optimistic and predict wins in 3 of GMU's next 5 games.

Wins against Catawba, Wright State and LaSalle.

This is in no way an endorsement of Paul Hewitt.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
what's the count at for games left in the Paul Hewitt era at George Mason? good effort by the guys...but, another loss.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Disappointed, but at least they competed against a 7-0 team. I'm going to go optimistic and predict wins in 3 of GMU's next 5 games.

Wins against Catawba, Wright State and LaSalle.

This is in no way an endorsement of Paul Hewitt.

Hewitt's teams almost always play up or down to the level of competition. That's why we have had so many head-scratching results during his tenure.

Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Catawba gave us a game.

No consistency to our team whatsoever.

The guys are playing hard, but having way more turnovers than assists continues to represent a bad brand of basketball.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Losing is losing, but props to the players for competing and forcing OT. Much closer than anybody here including me expected. I'd feel better if I felt like we had a consistent starting lineup and rotation to build on, but that's just me being greedy.

Last edited:

wijg

Starter
For those with the video feed, how about the announcer that butchered Copes name all night ("cops" and "cop-ess") and then they put Marko in and he pronounces his last name perfectly? Reminds me of the Key and Peele substitute teacher skit

polepino

Starter
For those with the video feed, how about the announcer that butchered Copes name all night ("cops" and "cop-ess") and then they put Marko in and he pronounces his last name perfectly? Reminds me of the Key and Peele substitute teacher skit
...haha yeah one of them even said Copeland at one point...wtf?!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Moore, Holloway, Thompson & Jenkins - can anyone say there's not enough talent on this team to be competitive in the A10 with a decent coach?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Moore, Holloway, Thompson & Jenkins - can anyone say there's not enough talent on this team to be competitive in the A10 with a decent coach?

That's the thing, Q -- we're already generally pretty competitive.

We gave ODU and UNI everything they could handle, and those teams now have a combined 14-1 record.

We need a better tactical coach to get over the hump and start winning some of these close games.

wijg

Starter
Losing is losing, but props to the players for competing and forcing OT. Much closer than anybody here including me expected. I'd feel better if I felt like we had a consistent starting lineup androtation to build on, but that's just me being greedy.
Hasn't that been the case pretty much since Hewitt has been here? Except for the first year where he ran the "just give it to Ryan Pearson" offense, he seems to be in a constant search for the right lineup. To me, it seems like another indication of Hewitt blaming the players. I can almost see the thought bubbles over Hewitt's head in the cartoon that Mason has become:

"Those guys that started last game just aren't executing, I need to try a different lineup that can execute my superior game plan"

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hasn't that been the case pretty much since Hewitt has been here? Except for the first year where he ran the "just give it to Ryan Pearson" offense, he seems to be in a constant search for the right lineup. To me, it seems like another indication of Hewitt blaming the players. I can almost see the thought bubbles over Hewitt's head in the cartoon that Mason has become:

"Those guys that started last game just aren't executing, I need to try a different lineup that can execute my superior game plan"

Constantly tinkering with lineups/combinations is a sure sign of a coach who has run out of ideas ... if he had any to begin with.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we complaining about roster management and in game adjustments? We were warned.