Game 7: GMU (5-1) vs NJIT (1-4) on Wednesday, November 29, at 7:00 PM.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Highlander Highlights
* Wednesday's game is the sixth of the 2023-24 season -- which marks NJIT's 18th participating in Division I, fourth as a member of the America East and seventh in the Wellness & Events Center.
* NJIT's roster makeup is rather unique with nine freshmen, one junior, one senior, and five post-graduate players, including four in their sixth collegiate season
* The Highlanders return just five members from their 2022-23 squad, led by Mekhi Gray and Adam Hess, who each started most of last season.
* Kjell de Graaf is the most tenured Highlander as he is now in his sixth season with the program. Mekhi Gray is in his fourth season as a Highlander.
* Sebastian Robinson was named America East Rookie of the Week after scoring 17 points and dishing out six assists last Thursday at American. He followed it up with a 25-point, five-assist effort in Monday's win vs. Delaware St.
* NJIT started three freshmen - Robinson, Jake Goldberg and Levi Lawal - the last two games. It marked the first time three freshmen started for the Highlanders since the 2013-14 season.

* Grant Billmeier and Tony Skinn were two of 25 NCAA Division I Head Coaches to make their debuts this season. The Highlanders' first win vs. DSU was actually Billmerier's second -career Head Coaching victory as he was credited for a win at Seton Hall in 2019-20.
* Adam Hess is as well-traveled as any player in the country. The sixth-year player has played at five different schools in all four time zones across the continental United States.
* Two Highlanders - Elijah Buchanan and Daniel Schreier - followed top assistant coach RaShawn Stores to Newark from Manhattan College where Stores made a pair of NCAA Tournaments as a player and served as Interim Head Coach last season."

FreeGunston12

All-American
Hall already with 2 fouls is bleh.
He did not get back on defense after turning the ball over. Was going to get subbed out for that anyways. Unfortunately he managed to pick up the 2nd foul while Newton was waiting at the scorers table.

Last edited:
OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well, it was clearly not our best effort, especially in the first half, but I'll take 6-1. Hopefully this lights a bit of a fire under the team and they head out on the road with a chip on their shoulders. I will be curious to see our free throw numbers for the night, left a lot of points at the stripe.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, it was clearly not our best effort, especially in the first half, but I'll take 6-1. Hopefully this lights a bit of a fire under the team and they head out on the road with a chip on their shoulders. I will be curious to see our free throw numbers for the night, left a lot of points at the stripe.

17-29 58.6%

1-4 from Kelly
6-10 from Okojie
3-6 from Newton (but he hasn’t been a consistent FT shooter this season).