Game 7: GMU (5-1) vs NJIT (1-4) on Wednesday, November 29, at 7:00 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The game is on ESPN+.

NJIT is a member of the America East Conference. The Highlanders were picked to finish last in AEC preseason polls.

KenPom at the time of posting: Gives us a 95% chance of winning.
GMU - 120
NJIT - 352
NET at the time of posting:
GMU - 139
NJIT - 334

We are 0-0 all-time against NJIT.

NJIT is 1-4 overall. They are 1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road, and 0-0 at neutral sites.

Wins: Delaware St. (81-72) - KenPom 324 & NET 354
Losses: Miami (101-60), St. Peter’s (75-48). American (87-73), Wagner (64-51)

Schedule: https://njithighlanders.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://njithighlanders.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/
Stats: https://njithighlanders.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24

NJIT is led by 6’1” Sebastian Robinson (12.0 ppg), 6’4” Adam Hess (9.6 ppg & 6.0 reb), 6’4” Mekhi Gray (8.8 ppg), and 6’0” Tariq Francis (10.8 ppg). 6’5” Elijah Buchanan (5.0 ppg), 6’10” Kjell de Graaf (6.0 ppg), and 6’4” Jake Goldberg (3.6 ppg) have started at various times so far this year.

The Highlanders average 62.6 points per game while giving up 79.8. NJIT is shooting 39.3% from the floor and 28.0% from 3. Opponents are shooting 43.5% from the field and 37.5% from 3. The Highlanders shoot 67.0% from the free throw line and average 14.0 turnovers per game. The Highlanders have been out rebounded by their opponents by an average of 12.0 boards per game.

My prediction: They have been crushed by good and mediocre competition. They are 315th in the nation in points allowed per game and the stat of being out rebounded by 12.0 boards per game (345th) is astounding to me. This should be a blowout. GMU 85 - NJIT 60.

Discuss.

Attachments

• patriotvshighlander5.jpeg
    patriotvshighlander5.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 62,714
Last edited by a moderator:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They stink.

356/362 in Kenpom and their only win is over Delaware State. Kenpom predicts a 20 point win so we need that at least to hold our ranking.

This better be nothing more than a glorified practice and hopefully we don't look past them with Toledo and UT coming up behind them.

Mason 82
NJIT 58

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They stink.

356/362 in Kenpom and their only win is over Delaware State. Kenpom predicts a 20 point win so we need that at least to hold our ranking.

This better be nothing more than a glorified practice and hopefully we don't look past them with Toledo and UT coming up behind them.

Mason 82
NJIT 58

Lets never assume easy - go in with a winning game plan - execute the plan - pound them into the floor. Once you win convincingly - then you can say someone stinks or it was easy.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What's the fun though in not making assumptions? Isn't point of fandom making wildly inaccurate assumptions, claims, bragging and talking crap sans justification?
After today's game - I am in a mood - I want to focus on one victim at a time, exploit their weaknesses, leverage our strength and leave nothing but a husk of a corpse. One at a time. Expect the worst, prepare, then reap a devastating victory so ferocious the angels will avert their gaze.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lets never assume easy - go in with a winning game plan - execute the plan - pound them into the floor. Once you win convincingly - then you can say someone stinks or it was easy.

Tony Skinn doesn’t seem like the kind of coach to let his players take any one lightly. He was talking about telling his players they aren’t allowed to take defensive possessions off even up 20 late in the game at the presser tonight.

Let’s let them worry about being focused. Let’s let us predict 30 point wins (in OT per GL tradition).

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Tony Skinn doesn’t seem like the kind of coach to let his players take any one lightly. He was talking about telling his players they aren’t allowed to take defensive possessions off even up 20 late in the game at the presser tonight.

Let’s let them worry about being focused. Let’s let us predict 30 point wins (in OT per GL tradition).
Ok ok ok - but can we still have the blood letting and epic violations of body and spirit upon our enemy?
Please?

The George Mason University -- 95
Jersey Turnpike U - 57

smccart5

Starter
Lets get a big crowd at this game and have 'em going nuts with an offensive barrage and defensive swat fest. I want 2 monster lobs to Malik that get the place juiced

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Lets get a big crowd at this game and have 'em going nuts with an offensive barrage and defensive swat fest. I want 2 monster lobs to Malik that get the place juiced
Agreed - and that does include the blood letting and body stacking -----right?

Hate to say it boys but my unnatural use of unbounded optimism this season has been repaid with a wonderful start to the season. That said, I never bet against Vegas on games like this. I'm thinking they will have us a 25 pt favorite so that's exactly what I'm predicting. Good luck taking the under - whatever it is.

Tony's boys - 90
TV Repair U - 65