Game 7: GMU (2-4) vs Queens University of Charlotte (4-1) on Saturday, November 26, at 2:00 PM.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Prob Bc he didn't get drafted. Didn't like what the NBA scouts told him. He is soft so it's gonna take him until mid Feb to recover and grow a set. Hope I'm totally wrong.
I don't share quite the same indictment of Josh, but I do wonder if he lost some confidence going against other potential pros in that process. We've seen him struggle against big and physical players, and I imagine he got a large dose of those matchups in the off-season.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Josh's 2 pt % is down from last year, 57% to 51% as his defensive rebounding % (20 vs 14%) and block % (6.9 to 4.2%) per Kenpom.

On the other hand, his Assist % is up from 14.2 to 21.1%

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh is getting back to himself after some summer set backs. He'll return to his former glory.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
I'm perplexed about Justyn Fernandez. As much as we were told about his athletic prowess why does he just camp out at the 3 point line? Why does he constantly get blown by as a defender? I was thinking he would be a slasher, someone that could finish at the rim with the ability to create for himself. He was on campus early and even sat on the bench for games last year. Wasn't expecting him to look like a true freshman out there. Either he wasn't putting in the work or the coaches haven't prepared him for the college game very well. Hoping it all clicks for him sooner rather than later.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'm perplexed about Justyn Fernandez. As much as we were told about his athletic prowess why does he just camp out at the 3 point line? Why does he constantly get blown by as a defender? I was thinking he would be a slasher, someone that could finish at the rim with the ability to create for himself. He was on campus early and even sat on the bench for games last year. Wasn't expecting him to look like a true freshman out there. Either he wasn't putting in the work or the coaches haven't prepared him for the college game very well. Hoping it all clicks for him sooner rather than later.
Sometimes guys that dominate with athleticism in high school have the biggest adjustment curve at the college level. I wouldn't worry yet. He's a better shooter than I thought already. He definitely needs to work on defense and ball handling to become the foundational piece he is expected to be.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think the coaches have prepared anyone for anything this year. We are soft, slow, confused, can't defend and can't shoot.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think the coaches have prepared anyone for anything this year. We are soft, slow, confused, can't defend and can't shoot.
So that is why during the summer the guys were doing skits and acting out plays instead of playing basketball! All part of the plan to look this way.

It all makes sense now. ;)

/s

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah I'm sure Josh went to get evaluated expecting to be a lottery pick.

You get a free bowl of soup with a hat like that. Looks good on you though.
Whatever he went through, it hasn't helped him. He has looked lost. Ojiako is giving us the post toughness/presence we thought Oduro would. Hope he gets it going soon bc he isn't making 1st team A10 at this rate. In addition, I hope CKE makes some strides in his in-game coaching or we are looking at 20 losses this year.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Whatever he went through, it hasn't helped him. He has looked lost. Ojiako is giving us the post toughness/presence we thought Oduro would. Hope he gets it going soon bc he isn't making 1st team A10 at this rate. In addition, I hope CKE makes some strides in his in-game coaching or we are looking at 20 losses this year.
With the new rules you can't blame any player for going through the draft evaluation process. My post about how there's no one else helping the offense move around him is my theory as to why he's got this slow start. I hope he picks it up too...the kid is too talented to be playing the way he is.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Brother Peter said he was better than Josh. At this point, that's a pretty low bar.