Game 7: GMU (2-4) vs Queens University of Charlotte (4-1) on Saturday, November 26, at 2:00 PM.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Upstate New Yorker. Yankees and Jets fan. Strange combo, I know. Brother works at Mason and I lived down there from 2000-2004. Became a Mason fan while there. 2006 was awesome. However, sometimes I think I'd enjoy the college bball season better if he gotta job at vcu and I moved to Richmond for a few years.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Hoping this is a game that is used the way its supposed to be used. A glorified practice.

Get the guys comfortable at home, let them relax and hopefully enjoy a 10-15 point win (at minimum).

Hopefully that is what it can be used as, because Hofstra and Toledo are much tougher. I would much rather them build some momentum especially at home. I don't think the team is as bad as they played in the islands, but hopefully it doesn't carry forward.
We can hope. Their guard play gave us trouble when we played them a couple years ago. I remember being very impressed with Kenny Dye at the time. Lets hope the losses have motivated and not disheartened our guys. We shouldnt take this one lightly. Queens is used to winning and has unfinished business with us.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hoping this is a game that is used the way its supposed to be used. A glorified practice.

Get the guys comfortable at home, let them relax and hopefully enjoy a 10-15 point win (at minimum).

Hopefully that is what it can be used as, because Hofstra and Toledo are much tougher. I would much rather them build some momentum especially at home. I don't think the team is as bad as they played in the islands, but hopefully it doesn't carry forward.
I'm hoping not for a win necessarily, but just that we look competent tomorrow.

Under 10 TOs, 70% of our FTs, clean the glass, avoid falling out of bounds while searching for a teammate to pass to, no double dribbles standing alone in the half court, win the 50/50 balls, prevent repeated uncontested floaters from inside the foul line, a JF blow by or two, 20 easy pts from Oduro, a single up-and-under from Ticket in the paint, continued umbrella D and effort from Saquan and Dinkins, make the correct pass to teammates without hesitation, force Queens to call 1-2 timeouts to stop runs, some early 3's from Coop, and just execute with some confidence. 15+ from Bailey. 20 mis from Ojiako.

Shouldn't be too much to ask from an experienced group.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Under 10 TOs, 70% of our FTs, clean the glass, avoid falling out of bounds while searching for a teammate to pass to, no double dribbles standing alone in the half court, win the 50/50 balls, prevent repeated uncontested floaters from inside the foul line, a JF blow by or two, 20 easy pts from Oduro, a single up-and-under from Ticket in the paint, continued umbrella D and effort from Saquan and Dinkins, make the correct pass to teammates without hesitation, force Queens to call 1-2 timeouts to stop runs, some early 3's from Coop, and just execute with some confidence. 15+ from Bailey. 20 mis from Ojiako.

If we do that, we should win by 20.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah if we do all the things our team is supposed to do, it should be a glorified practice.

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On

If they can do half of this, it would at least show progress.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's going to be interesting to see if we can do 1/4 of this consistently for the next few games.Man, how the bar has dropped.

Also, I find it telling how much louder, for example, Frank Martin is on social media, compared to CKE, at current moment. I would of thought our coach would use it to rally support and energy through the good and bad. Guess he uses it mostly in off season.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They lost to a bad Lasalle team by 12. We better win and win comfortably. Kenny Dye is legit… not sure about the others

FreeGunston12

All-American
This team is capable of losing to anyone right now. We just saw that against Buffalo (who is only 10 spots higher in Kenpom than Queens).

I'm hopeful for progress, but it just doesn't feel like anything will come easy with this team.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Utterly embarrassed for Kim. Getting punched in the mouth by Queens right now. Oduoro missing gimmies and a dunk. Defense shows nothing formidable. Horrible start.