Game 6: GMU (2-3) at Paradise Jam - Buffalo (1-4) on Monday, November 21, at 1 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ken Pom:
GMU - 115
Buffalo - 212

This is the Toilet Bowl Game of the 2022 Paradise Jam Tourney. 7th and 8th place are at stake!

They are 1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road, and 0-2 at neutral sites.

The Bulls were picked 6th in the MAC preseason poll. No players on the Bulls roster were chosen for any preseason awards.

Wins: Colgate (88-87)
Losses: JMU (97-62), UConn (84-64), Drake (80-72), Howard (63-59)

Schedule: 2022-23 Men's Basketball Schedule - University at Buffalo
Roster: https://ubbulls.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster?path=mbball
Stats: https://ubbulls.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster?path=mbball

Buffalo is led by 6’4” Zid Powell (13.2 ppg), 6’4” Armani Foster (9.8 ppg), and 6’5” Curtis Jones (12.4 ppg), 6’8” LaQuill Garnett (8.8 ppg), and 6’6” Isaiah Adams (6.4 ppg). 6’5” Kidtrell Blocker, 6’11” Isaac Jack, and starter 6’9” Jonnivius Smith have played double figure minutes with minimal contributions to date.

The Bulls average 69.0 points per game while giving up 82.2. Buffalo is shooting 42.5% from the floor and 27.0% from 3. Opponents are shooting 47.2% from the field and 33.3% from 3. The Bulls shoot 72.0% from the free throw line and average 18.0 turnovers per game. The Bulls have been out rebounded by their opponents by an average of 7.6 boards per game.

The game is on ESPN 3.

My prediction: Leaving Paradise Jam 0-3 would be downright sad. We have no heart, we have no pride, we have no skill. We sure as heck can’t shoot free throws, rebound, or defend when it counts. Rather than practice to correct our deficiencies KE decides that a trip to a local nudist colony would serve the team best. We lose and close out Paradise Jam 0-3. Buffalo 57 - GMU 55. Realistically, World Cup USA action starts at 2PM so why bother watching?

Discuss.

illayin

Sixth Man
Buffalo will be so happy and relaxed to be in the Caribbean while there's a blizzard back home and a cupcake game before flying home

GMU 51
Buffalo 68

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Buffalo is REALLY REALLY Bad. 18 turnovers a game is brutal. JMU ran them out and they lost to Howard. They shoot awful from 3 so pack the box and hopefully Josh will show up and posterize these clowns.

If we lose this game this is rock bottom.

Goodguys 67
No Mafia in the islands 60

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Buffalo 72
Mason 69

Paul Hewitt calls Kim after the game to give words of encouragement. Fernandez announces his transfer and sits the rest of the season. We miss lots of free throws.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We should win - though after all of the pomp and circumstance surrounding this team over the summer I feel like we should have won the first two games as well. Hopefully the staff can figure out what's up and the players can pull it together so we don't put up a goose egg in consecutive early season tourneys.
Agree 100% here. I may not be able to watch the game today but I hope Mason comes out with a W.

Its not so much that Mason lost, but its the how. Friday we looked under prepared, not focused, and seemed to have no game plan.

When I see things like that, I get very concerned. Boston College is not Auburn in terms of talent or ability. But to get the doors blown off by a team like that is really bad.

I wasn't able to watch Saturday, but blowing a game like that doesn't sit well either.

Lets hope they come out today, refreshed and focused and ready to go. An at large is pretty much shot, but there are a lot of games left to have a very good season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The process of working out whatever is ailing this team, and getting ready for A-10 play, had better begin today. Because all that matters at this point is making sure we’re firing on all cylinders when we face Richmond on New Year’s Eve.