Game 6: GMU (2-3) at Paradise Jam - Buffalo (1-4) on Monday, November 21, at 1 PM.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Only regular ones bring up how the coach will get fired after 3 years

Let me spell this out because you guys read half a sentence and then invent the argument in your heads:

1) our current rotation of 11 players (mostly composed of English recruits because he jettisoned most of Paulsen’s) is playing softer than a group of undersized limited by injury Paulsen recruits (of which Jarred Reuter is a representative sample of) and this is an issue. You could see why that team was physically overrun by vcu or Bona, you can’t make the same excuses about this team and Buffalo or BC or Belmont.

2) We are currently playing like a Kenpom 250+ team, which would make us one of the worst teams in the A10 if it continues. IF that happens (and let’s remember we lost to Fordham twice last year) you don’t think administration (new AD, president) is going to start seriously assessing if English can implement a successful system next year? The only holdover from the Paulsen era would be Malik Henry at that point. If this team looks as lost and hapless in his third year as this current team does, that’s also an issue. Hence “warm seat.” At that point, I would hope year 4 is a show me year because why continue down this path because he’s winning the ranking battle on recruits?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Let me spell this out because you guys read half a sentence and then invent the argument in your heads:

1) our current rotation of 11 players (mostly composed of English recruits because he jettisoned most of Paulsen’s) is playing softer than a group of undersized limited by injury Paulsen recruits (of which Jarred Reuter is a representative sample of) and this is an issue. You could see why that team was physically overrun by vcu or Bona, you can’t make the same excuses about this team and Buffalo or BC or Belmont.

2) We are currently playing like a Kenpom 250+ team, which would make us one of the worst teams in the A10 if it continues. IF that happens (and let’s remember we lost to Fordham twice last year) you don’t think administration (new AD, president) is going to start seriously assessing if English can implement a successful system next year? The only holdover from the Paulsen era would be Malik Henry at that point. If this team looks as lost and hapless in his third year as this current team does, that’s also an issue. Hence “warm seat.” At that point, I would hope year 4 is a show me year because why continue down this path because he’s winning the ranking battle on recruits?
you really are clueless lol. that was to gmu79 who understood it was for them. I hope you don't teach any important classes at ASU

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
1) our current rotation of 11 players (mostly composed of English recruits because he jettisoned most of Paulsen’s) ...
Come on, man, English did everything he could to keep Kolek and Miller at Mason. He even spoke directly to them at his opening news conference, practically imploring them not to leave. I don't begrudge the two of them for leaving, but to claim that they were "jettisoned" is disingenuous at best.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
you really are clueless lol. that was to gmu79 who understood it was for them. I hope you don't teach any important classes at ASU
Yeah, glad he "spelled it out." Otherwise "we" (whoever that is) would have just gone on reading half sentences and making stuff up out of thin air.
The fact is we're all frustrated and have differences of opinion on KE's longevity IF things don't improve. I say his seat will be scalding if this year doesn't improve and next year is a repeat. Others disagree. Seems pretty simple to me. But then those half sentences have always confused little ol' me.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Come on, man, English did everything he could to keep Kolek and Miller at Mason. He even spoke directly to them at his opening news conference, practically imploring them not to leave. I don't begrudge the two of them for leaving, but to claim that they were "jettisoned" is disingenuous at best.

I meant the players who remained. Of Paulsen’s recruits only Polite, Henry, and Oduro remain.

As for sleeper, I thought you were making a veiled reference to me as well because Jim’s response to me was quoted by 79 and you responded to him and you could see a through line back to my warm seat comment. So my apologies.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I meant the players who remained. Of Paulsen’s recruits only Polite, Henry, and Oduro remain.
Fair enough. I do think had those two stayed, it's possible that four of Paulsen's recruits — Oduro, Polite, Kolek and Miller — would still be starting for English this year. I was never a rah rah Paulsen fan in terms of his recruiting, but there's no disputing that blind squirrel found a few nuts along the way.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Brothers! We should be struggling together! We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy-- The Judean People's Front! Er I mean vcu