Game 5: GMU (4-0) at JMU (3-0) on Friday, November 19, at 7PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We kind of smelled it --- coming off the Maryland win - probably a bit tired and not coming in with the energy as usual. I hope KE rips them all a new one. They need to penetrate teh zone and go to the post. Only go for threes when necessary.
Yes, I think (hope?) CKE can get this fixed for the 2nd half

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We’re very fortunate to only be down by five at the half. Launching 20 threes and committing 13 turnovers in 20 minutes is not a recipe for success. Have to get better shots, protect the ball and get Schwartz (zero points) going in the second half.

polepino

Starter
Yeah, not what we're used to(turnovers galore) but game is still close after the half. If we can clean up our play, we should pull this out. *fingers crossed*

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Schwartz with zero. Mason only shooting 34% from the floor. It's either an ice cold night or they're going to turn it up in the second half.

polepino

Starter
Going for the home run every time. I know basketball has gone the way of the 3 ball, but there’s something to be said for playing for smart shots with 3’s mixed in. Would be up 5 instead of down 5 if we just pounded inside.
I was liking what I was seeing out of Oduro the first few games, I'm assuming the zone is messing with him right now.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Going for the home run every time. I know basketball has gone the way of the 3 ball, but there’s something to be said for playing for smart shots with 3’s mixed in. Would be up 5 instead of down 5 if we just pounded inside.
Oduro has been largely ineffective trying to post. He doesn't look great passing out of the double team.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was liking what I was seeing out of Oduro the first few games, I'm assuming the zone is messing with him right now.
He’s missed a couple bunnies but those will fall in a higher percentage than 3’s. Plus gotta get them in some foul trouble to shorten their rotation and even it out.

polepino

Starter
.. damn.. gotta watch these passes around the perimeter. JMU is cheating a bit and our guys aren't coming to the ball.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
They are killing us on the boards, which I never would have have anticipated. We need to match their intensity.