Game 5: GMU (4-0) at JMU (3-0) on Friday, November 19, at 7PM.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Which VPN do you use? I had to do it for the game last night but all the DC based servers on my VPN were blocked.

Don't need a VPN...I signed up for it when I still lived in Falls Church and never updated my address after I moved, even though all my billing addresses changed and what not. I just use fakeGPS to sign in from the DC area every now and then (and make sure I do it every time I'm back to visit) and as long as you do that once every 90 days it'll keep you stationed in that area.

Only real problem is it doesn't have MASN so I'm SOL for the Nationals, but I have MLB.tv through tmobile so as long as the Nats aren't playing the Padres, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, or Athletics, I am not blacked out of the games and I can watch.

See the hate thread for more on how the MLB is completely stupid for blacking Hawaii out of 5 teams.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
No, you're thinking "Chik'in on me yo" whereas Christopher is referring to buying a lot of chicken, laying down (in the parking lot he referenced), placing it on himself and inviting folks to an all you can eat buffet of Bojangles chicken. Off his body. Just be aware of the impending odor.

That sounds completely repulsive and disgusting. But I'm also strangely kind of interested in making a road-trip to HBurg now.

In other repulsive fun reads, I'd like to invite everyone to Google the following terms:
"Kid Rock's Bar, Nashville, Colostomy Bag"

Some will say that I'm trying to derail the thread w/off topic events. I will respond that it's right on-topic for a tilt against James Madison. (Don't forget to scroll down for the head tattoo pic.)

ephoops

Starter
This is likely a very emotional day for the coaching staff and the team. The news of Cam Walker’s arrest this morning following the emotional high of last night’s win at UMD is devastating. It is a tragic distraction that certainly will impact preparation for tomorrow night’s game.

I don’t know who was Walker’s lead recruiter on the staff (perhaps Felton given his ties to Georgia), but I’m sure each coach on staff has a personal relationship with Walker.

In addition, the players also know Walker from his recruiting visit(s) as well as interaction via social media (email, Twitter DMs, etc.). I’m sure the conversations today among the players and coaches in team meetings and off the court are somber and emotional as well.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Today and tomorrow are going to be a huge test of this team's mental and emotional toughness.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Trying to get tics for the home vcu game. Which is the best section to sit in? Or a good one. Haven't been to a game in awhile. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
ESPN matchup predictor has JMU with a 65% chance of winning. It was at 80% last night. Meaningless, calculated by a bot, but still interesting. Not just a classic trap game - but actually a good JMU team, at their place, with one day rest.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'm hoping to see a little more Frazier and a little less Hartwell in this one. Hartwell (to no fault of his own) was just getting shot right over last night, and it really could've cost us. When he's hitting his shots, sure let Hartwell at it. When he's not contributing on offense, you've got to go to plan B.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Sagarin:

Mason (#75) favored by 5 over JMU (#166). Maryland now ranked #45.

Also in the A-10, Mason is currently 4th, behind the Bonnies (#43), St. Louis (#50), and Richmond (#67).

jmu17

Recruit
What's up guys I'm a JMU alum. I see a lot of you asking about streaming. We unfortunately are on flosports until we move to the Sunbelt in July. For those out of market who have to watch on flo, don't pay the $30 sub fee or whatever it is. I'm going to link the CAA flosports deal which is $12.50 a month instead. Make sure you sign up for the $12.50 and not the $7.99 one. The $7.99 price is a monthly breakdown of the yearly subscription deal. They don't really specify that well. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow. I think we have an uphill battle with this one but we'll see what happens.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What's up guys I'm a JMU alum. I see a lot of you asking about streaming. We unfortunately are on flosports until we move to the Sunbelt in July. For those out of market who have to watch on flo, don't pay the $30 sub fee or whatever it is. I'm going to link the CAA flosports deal which is $12.50 a month instead. Make sure you sign up for the $12.50 and not the $7.99 one. The $7.99 price is a monthly breakdown of the yearly subscription deal. They don't really specify that well. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow. I think we have an uphill battle with this one but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the update and information.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm hoping to see a little more Frazier and a little less Hartwell in this one. Hartwell (to no fault of his own) was just getting shot right over last night, and it really could've cost us. When he's hitting his shots, sure let Hartwell at it. When he's not contributing on offense, you've got to go to plan B.

True. But a few things: once XJ fouled out, that’s one less body He could use. Two, Frazier is backing up Schwartz and Ticket and Schwartz played 38 minutes. And three, Its interesting that Blake Jones is ahead of Frazier still in the rotation.

It looks like we are going to have an 8.5 player rotation with Frazier being the .5.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Maryland no longer in the Top 25.

We put some stank on them.

I know that there is no love for the Terps on these boards, but our win over them will look better if they are doing well. Otherwise, it'll just look like a fluke win by us early in the season more due to their poor play than a big win over a strong team that is doing well in the Big 10.