Game 5: GMU (3-1) at Jacksonville Classic vs South Dakota St. (1-3) on Monday, November 20, at 6:00 PM.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Unbelievably - we won by 2 points. To SDSU - which is like nailing the prom queen and then she tells you she has the Herp.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Because we’ve been a mediocre team for over a decade. Time to dial back the expectations on this team to middle of the pack too. Any thoughts of a top 4-5 finish should leave your head. We are somewhere about 8-10 this season probably.
Ehh not so sure about that - we are better than last year. By a solid margin. I put this to the low energy gym and the less than stellar competition.

vcu is looking marginal this year as well as Dayton.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ehh not so sure about that - we are better than last year. By a solid margin. I put this to the low energy gym and the less than stellar competition.

vcu is looking marginal this year as well as Dayton.

I dialed back the pessimism just a little bit, but still think the A10 is a bit scary this year and finishing 5-10th is going to be a crapshoot.

vcu is going to get bairstow eventually and finish top 4 probably.

Dayton looks pretty solid still.

Bonnie’s and St. Joes might be vulnerable though.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jesus… We finally win an MTE game, have a legit star player who drains a clutch shot to win a game and first 3 posts on here are complaints. SDSU isn’t Kansas, but they’re not a bad team either. They’ve made a bunch more tournaments than we have recently. Can’t we just enjoy the win and watching a team grow without the “we’re not top 4 material” posts yet? My god, there are some miserable people on here.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
To heck with some of you doom-and-gloomers, that was a solid win! Sure, many of our mistakes were self inflicted, but that was a really good team we just beat (tough in the paint and several shooters who can stretch the floor).

Yes, it was a bush-league tournament in a third-world gymnasium, but I’m proud of our guys for bouncing back after yesterday’s loss.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yes, it was a bush-league tournament in a third-world gymnasium, but I’m proud of our guys for bouncing back after yesterday’s loss.
Well it did have electricity and indoor plumbing so that might be rough....

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To heck with some of you doom-and-gloomers, that was a solid win! Sure, many of our mistakes were self inflicted, but that was a really good team we just beat (tough in the paint and several shooters who can stretch the floor).

iu

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jesus… We finally win an MTE game, have a legit star player who drains a clutch shot to win a game and first 3 posts on here are complaints. SDSU isn’t Kansas, but they’re not a bad team either. They’ve made a bunch more tournaments than we have recently. Can’t we just enjoy the win and watching a team grow without the “we’re not top 4 material” posts yet? My god, there are some miserable people on here.
Yeah, but nobody has called them a d--- yet. I think I still may be the only one on here with that honor.:cool:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, but nobody has called them a d--- yet. I think I still may be the only one on here with that honor.:cool:
Dude you haven't been called a fraction of what I have been called. If you have just been called a dick - take that as a win and move on.

KAOriginal

All-American
This team is 4-1.

Exactly what..... 2 players (3 if you count Dinkins since he hasn't played much)..... have played together prior to these past 5 games?

Oh...and there's a whole new coaching staff, headed up by a beloved, but yet still rookie head coach?

Take the win. Enjoy it and where we are right now and stop complaining.