Game 4: GMU (3-0) at Jacksonville Classic vs Charlotte (2-1) on Sunday, November 19, at 5:30 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If that Patriot doesn't beat that Easter bunny, we are in big trouble.
BTW, we need a logo like that!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ronald has had some great games over his career but he has never been consistent in his production. One great/good game followed by little to nothing.

It is very telling to me that while Ronald was the only Patriot chosen for preseason honors his own teammates unanimously voted a reserve, Malik Henry, to be team captain.

I am holding out hope that lightning will strike in regard to Ronald but Okojie is the better option at point. Baraka is better defensively, has more points, more rebounds, an equal number of assists, and fewer turnovers than Polite. Ronald can still get to the rim and is much better from 3 than Okojie right now. If/when Okojie develops those skills it will be fun to watch. Just win!!!!

Not sure I necessarily buy that. He scored in double figures in each of the last 8 games of the season last year (including 12 in the SLU debacle) and scored double figures in 20 out of 30 games he played in. I think there was enough evidence from his junior year to expect him to be a consistent threat to score.

Now it also is his third coach in four years and he is being asked to play very differently from the last coach. So it might just take him 8-10 games to feel comfortable with the new and shifting roles he’s being asked to play.

Ronald has had some great games over his career but he has never been consistent in his production. One great/good game followed by little to nothing.

It is very telling to me that while Ronald was the only Patriot chosen for preseason honors his own teammates unanimously voted a reserve, Malik Henry, to be team captain.

I am holding out hope that lightning will strike in regard to Ronald but Okojie is the better option at point. Baraka is better defensively, has more points, more rebounds, an equal number of assists, and fewer turnovers than Polite. Ronald can still get to the rim and is much better from 3 than Okojie right now. If/when Okojie develops those skills it will be fun to watch. Just win!!!!
Not gonna panic over spilled milk yet unless we lose tonight and that milk gets into our carpet...

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure I necessarily buy that. He scored in double figures in each of the last 8 games of the season last year (including 12 in the SLU debacle) and scored double figures in 20 out of 30 games he played in. I think there was enough evidence from his junior year to expect him to be a consistent threat to score.

Now it also is his third coach in four years and he is being asked to play very differently from the last coach. So it might just take him 8-10 games to feel comfortable with the new and shifting roles he’s being asked to play.
The last bit is a fair point, but this kid is a senior, finally has capable backups behind him so he doesn't have to worry about trying to do "too much".

Hopefully he just settles in to his role like you said. We need him to be at his best.