Game 31: GMU (19-11 / 8-9) vs Richmond (23-7 / 15-2) on Saturday, March 9, at 2:30 PM.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Can someone turn Billups block on Quinn into a gif, please?!

View attachment 2180

XizSFQF.gif

4YgcCAD.gif
Wow! What a sequence!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This type of defensive prowess hasn't been seen very often. This block reminded me of Gabe Norwood stuffing Tyler Hansborough in 2006.

I have to say my favorite moment of the game the other day was Newton stealing the ball diving for it and passing it to Billups who then passed it to Polite for a layup. If you weren't screaming and cheering in person or at the tv, I have no words for you. I know I yelled at the tv.

We were so locked in defensively on Saturday. Do that again, and again, and you will win many games.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This type of defensive prowess hasn't been seen very often. This block reminded me of Gabe Norwood stuffing Tyler Hansborough in 2006.

I have to say my favorite moment of the game the other day was Newton stealing the ball diving for it and passing it to Billups who then passed it to Polite for a layup. If you weren't screaming and cheering in person or at the tv, I have no words for you. I know I yelled at the tv.

We were so locked in defensively on Saturday. Do that again, and again, and you will win many games.
Me too. I yelled as if I was at the game.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

I was at the game and, indeed, most of the Mason fans in my section (many of us qualifying for Medicare!) behind the visitor's bench rose to our feet cheering that play! Sheer hustle leading to an easy basket! Set a very positive tone for the rest of the game.

illayin

Sixth Man
Now the next BIG ask... someone with an X account post it to Billups's account (if he has one). I think he'd like that!

An even bigger ask... someone with connections to NCAA scorekeeping get Billups credit for the block lol...because they gave it to Maddox. I think Billups would like that too.

1710177153592.png

edit: it seems the Sports Information Director for the home team is the one to contact possibly. Does anyone know if that's still Maureen Nasser for us?

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
An even bigger ask... someone with connections to NCAA scorekeeping get Billups credit for the block lol...because they gave it to Maddox. I think Billups would like that too.

View attachment 2183

edit: it seems the Sports Information Director for the home team is the one to contact possibly. Does anyone know if that's still Maureen Nasser for us?
Mark LaFrance is the basketball SID