Game 30: Duquesne, March 8th, 7 PM, MASN

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Thank God that was the last time I have to go to the PC and watch ball for a while.....I cant take anymore.

Amen. Tonight was the only time I have left a game early other than the Creighton blowout in 2006 and the collapse against Fairfield in the CIT. Just couldn't bare to watch any more. Time to channel my energy into the Wizards, the Orioles and the Redskins' offseason Super Bowl. haha

sigmanorm

Starter
Well that didn't happen. Pts for Sherrod and Bryon look good in the box but doesn't show what really happened.

Was trying to quote my horrible prediction.

Dawgs99

Starter
Way to go Hewitt and everyone except BA and Sherrod. Lost a lot of fans between this and homecoming. Hewitt should be fired based solely on the home performance. L's worst Mason teams won at home or at least kept it close. Hewitt and his three useless assistants have squandered one of the best home court advantages in the country. And ticket prices are twice as high as they were when we were winning

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This is the worst part of all this.....we routinely get beat at home! If that's not enough to can this clown I don't know what is. I was never a huge coach L guy but he always had his guys play tough D and even when we had down years we still were hell to beat on our home floor. I hate whats happening to our program.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Allen and Wright with 42 of our 69 points ... anyone who has suggested that our problems stem from not having enough of "Hewitt's guys" will learn the error of his ways next season -- which likely will be even worse than this debacle.

I'm especially frustrated because I allowed myself once again to be fooled, just ever so slightly, into thinking our coach had turned a corner and was starting to figure something out. Silly, silly me.

I should've known we were going to come out and lay a turd on the court on Senior Night, less than 48 hours after winning at LaSalle. It's what Hewitt's teams do -- tempt you, tantalize you with the promise of success, then stomp on your balls and leave you crying.

At this point, the only honorable thing for him to do is resign. TOC should do the same. If we were in Japan, both would've already willingly taken the sword for the shame of what they've done to our program.

Instead, we're all taking it up the a**.

Patriotfan49

Starter
This game made me feel just like the loss to Notre Dame a few years ago in the NCAA's. I wanted it so bad for Allen, Wright and J2.....much like I did for Will Thomas against ND. But the entire team laid an egg sans Sherrod and Allen....much like against ND where Thomas was the only one to show up.....and I still remember them zooming to the bench toward the end of the game with Thomas sitting there with a towel over his head.......knowing his college career ended on a game like that.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ya can't spell Hewitt without "EW". And thats just what his leadership is. As a lady who I met from Mason this weekend told me, "man has no depth, and not many kids want to come play for him...We are hoping one more year of this and he'll be gone"....Nice to get confirmation face to face from school employees this far away fairfax, that what I have felt from day one is and has been true of this hack. We are at rock bottom and not much hope for improvement on the horizon as long as this hack & staff are here.

MasonCrew

Starter
Nothing else to add. Just wanted to restate that Hewitt needs to go. I don't understand how anyone can think any differently.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Or, an honest comment on the game?

Maybe, but a guy that doesn't move the needle, at all, on the court, might be better off just getting his free education and keeping quiet. Disrespectful to the players that actually have some talent.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe, but a guy that doesn't move the needle, at all, on the court, might be better off just getting his free education and keeping quiet. Disrespectful to the players that actually have some talent.

Maybe it's a criticism of the coach? He obviously didn't prepare his team with the proper gameplan going in. My guess is he just recycled what worked last game and didn't bother to take a look at recent footage, especially of their win against SLU.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

I believe that most of us on this board have criticized Anali's deficiencies, but not his effort or hustle. And, frankly, I agree with his comment. I just didn't see as much energy on the court from the Patriots last night as I expected.

Now, Hewitt may have been partially at fault for advising the players not to come out too emotional for Senior Night (check out his post game press conference after the La Salle game).

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe it's a criticism of the coach? He obviously didn't prepare his team with the proper gameplan going in. My guess is he just recycled what worked last game and didn't bother to take a look at recent footage, especially of their win against SLU.

Yeah, Duquesne has been playing much better all of late. Hewitt, of course didn't have his team ready to step up its game. I have no problem with Anali's statement.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thankfully, I couldn't attend last night's game or watch on TV. I can't say I am shocked by the outcome, but 48 hours prior, we saw these guys play with more hustle and effort than we probably have seen all year. And then I read that we come out flat, at home on Senior Night?!?!

The A10 should set up relegation like the Premier League futbol. We get banished to the Patriot League after this season.........

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
IUPUI fired its coach after three seasons (see link below), but there are no details on how long the contract was for or if there was a buyout.

If our administration decides to make similar decision, I want it done very quickly — as in hours after we lose in Brooklyn. My main concern with Hewitt leaving is losing some of the recruits we have coming in — especially with us already losing our top two scorers — so it would be nice for our new coach to have ample time to retain as many of them as possible (or those he deems good fits).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...etball/24474600/iupui-fires-coach-todd-howard

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I fully expect Hewitt to return for his 4th season at Mason. But, I wonder if Bill Courtney will be fired after completing his 4th season at Cornell with just 1 victory vs. a D-I opponent this season.