Game 3: West Virginia, in Puerto Rico, Thursday Nov 20th, 7:30 PM, ESPNU

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
99% of WVU fans will be more concerned with the WVU vs K State football game going on at the same time than the hoops game. I can't believe they couldn't have scheduled the hoops game at any other time during the day.

Yeah, that didn't work out well at all for WVU. I'm sure the diehards will record the basketball game, but a majority of their fans will be tuning into the football game.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No chance we win this game, we are still trying to find a solid rotation. WVU is going to come out and punch us in the mouth and bury some 3's on our non-existent perimeter defense.

Goodguys 56
Cousin Fucckers 70

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That's a LOT of 3 pointers to take in what I'm presuming is just 2 games. I think Mason took 27 against Cornell which was roundly criticized afterwards.

It's especially a lot when you are hitting less than a quarter of the ones you attempt.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So I talked to a guy who went to WVU today. He says they've been picking up full court for the majority of the first two games. If they stick with that game plan, things should be very .....interesting.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So I talked to a guy who went to WVU today. He says they've been picking up full court for the majority of the first two games. If they stick with that game plan, things should be very .....interesting.

That would be a good test for Moore, who seemed to attack the press and drive to the basket more in the last game than he did in the first. It might also mean another start for Marko, who hasn't been scoring so far but has shown to be effective in helping to break the press.

MasonCrew

Starter
I'm watching this game at Lion and Bull in Haymarket. Not sure why.

Beers are $1.50 til 9. Not good beers though, just bud/coors/miller. So there's that.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm all for success in the classroom, but it's kind of sad that the main stat the Puerto Rico Tip-Off used for us was for academic achievement.

B2wP_bGCQAAft8j.jpg:large

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Sagarin/rpiforecast now has Mason as 12 pt underdogs against WVU. VegasInsider has not yet posted spreads on Thursday games.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We don't have very many impressive historical stats Tom. I mean, 12 20+ winning seasons since 1979? That's pretty sad there as a secondary stat.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We don't have very many impressive historical stats Tom. I mean, 12 20+ winning seasons since 1979? That's pretty sad there as a secondary stat.

I agree. I would have been happy with them using the number 1, as in number of Final 4 appearances. That in itself sets us apart from half of the field in this tournament (Boston College, College of Charleston, New Mexico and Texas A& M) and ties us with one other team (Dayton). Only UConn (5) and WVU (2) have more Final 4 appearances.

Granted, we don't have the sustained success and NCAAT appearances as most of these schools, but touting our best achievement on the court would still be better than touting our achievement in the classroom.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Evidently, they wanted to highlight sustained excellence or exceptional stats recently. Let's be honest - the highlight of the Hewitt era has been the graduation rate.

KAOriginal

All-American
Wow we got shafted with those stats. For Christ sakes....what does 981 score even mean? You cant look at that number and say "that's good." UGH.

How about the Final Four?

How about a Final Ranking of #8 (since Cof C got their #16)?

How about 7 NCAA/NITs in the past 14 years? (No Im not adding in the C tourneys...)

Pablo

Hall of Famer
How about 7 NCAA/NITs in the past 14 years? (No Im not adding in the C tourneys...)

Or, 8 NCAA/NIT appearances in the last 16 years. But, no appearances during the Paul Hewitt era, and only 2 appearances prior to the Jim Larranaga era.