Game 3: West Virginia, in Puerto Rico, Thursday Nov 20th, 7:30 PM, ESPNU

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agree... I would like to fire him after the St Louis game on the Feb 28th so we don't have to pay him the $85,000 longevity bonus on March 1st. If he's still here March 1st, I will be scratching my head.
I didn't know he had that clause. Now at least we can circle a date on the calendar...

But why would TOC have agreed to a March 1st date on that bonus? The regular season goes past the 1st every year. I get the reason for having the bonus in place as it makes the coach think twice about moving to another school if the bonus is high enough. But it makes more sense to set that date at May 1st, not March 1st, IMO.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know he had that clause. Now at least we can circle a date on the calendar...

But why would TOC have agreed to a March 1st date on that bonus? The regular season goes past the 1st every year. I get the reason for having the bonus in place as it makes the coach think twice about moving to another school if the bonus is high enough. But it makes more sense to set that date at May 1st, not March 1st, IMO.

Coach L's bonus came on March 31st (which is understandable - most teams are done at that point, unless you made a decent run in the tourney, and if you did, I'm guess your not getting fired). This is another reason why Hewitt's agent is a mastermind. He got it moved to the 1st which is still in the regular season and gives him a greater chance of landing the bonus.

If we are going to fire Hewitt, we would be crazy not to do it before March 1st.

Patrick Holloway can score buckets, but I'm over his arrogance. Quit celebrating your shots and get your team in the game. .

I'm completely over him and his family's behavior. Both are far greater negatives toward team play and the program in general than positives right now.

I heard from another basketball family in PR the Holloways sat behind the bench by themselves and yelled "Put Patrick in!!" when he was briefly benched for defense.

Either PH is the diva a lot of people say he is, or he needs to act as a man and flat out instruct his family to STFU. Hewitt is to blame for a lot of this, but no program can survive when its "top player" is like this.

Shame. Watched a lot of PV6 games and thought PH really was and could be a good player. Especially as a non-selfish facilitator who could still hit the big shots.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm completely over him and his family's behavior. Both are far greater negatives toward team play and the program in general than positives right now.

I heard from another basketball family in PR the Holloways sat behind the bench by themselves and yelled "Put Patrick in!!" when he was briefly benched for defense.

Either PH is the diva a lot of people say he is, or he needs to act as a man and flat out instruct his family to STFU. Hewitt is to blame for a lot of this, but no program can survive when its "top player" is like this.

Shame. Watched a lot of PV6 games and thought PH really was and could be a good player. Especially as a non-selfish facilitator who could still hit the big shots.

Are you trying to induce his mother to start posting again?

Are you trying to induce his mother to start posting again?

Nope. I'm frickin' tired of hearing about the situation from multiple sources and firsthand. It hurts the team immensely and I'm tired of it.

As an AAU coach or a high school coach, a player would cease playing if their parents pulled that crap on me during a game. I once got a note during a game from a parent to a similar effect, and I told them flat out that would never happen again, period, if you want your kid to play. Like ever.

And if I lose because of that, fine. Juice is never worth the headache in that case.

Hewitt should treat the situation the same way, and stop being such a go##amn pussy.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Hey, he only shoots it when he touches it. ;)

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Nope. I'm frickin' tired of hearing about the situation from multiple sources and firsthand. It hurts the team immensely and I'm tired of it.

As an AAU coach or a high school coach, a player would cease playing if their parents pulled that crap on me during a game. I once got a note during a game from a parent to a similar effect, and I told them flat out that would never happen again, period, if you want your kid to play. Like ever.

And if I lose because of that, fine. Juice is never worth the headache in that case.

Hewitt should treat the situation the same way, and stop being such a go##amn pussy.

The Tao of Coach L
http://spirit.gmu.edu/archives/winter07/larranaga.html

“A lot of people only evaluate physical talent,” he says. “We evaluate the whole person. Yes, basketball skills are important. But more importantly does he have a positive attitude, a good work ethic, is he team-oriented, is he a consistent performer.”

For the coach, talent never trumps character. Ahmad Dorsett, BS Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources ’01, was a sophomore shooting guard when Larranaga was hired and remembers hosting a highly touted recruit who was visiting campus. “He could have been the conference player of the year, but his attitude stank,” says Dorsett, now the head boy’s basketball coach at Freedom High School in Woodbridge, Va. “Coach asked us: ‘What do you think?’ We said, ‘He’s not a good fit—he’s got a bad attitude.’ Coach L sent him home the next day, which showed a huge amount of confidence in his players. The coaches didn’t make the decision to pass on this guy; the players did.”

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That's a secure and confident man. The Virus is not.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
You have disliked Patrick from day 1. (most of you have always talked about him in a negative manner)
Here is a fact.....you don't know Patrick and certainly don't know his family. He has always been a team player. It would be really nice to hear something other than so much " hate" against him.
If he doesn't shoot you criticize him if he does shoot you criticize him..... we get it you don't like the young man! You don't have any respect for him.

Patrick will continue to focus on his team and continue to do everything he can do to help his team win.
And as a family member, when I go to games (and I am not in PR) and a GMU staff member tells me what a polite and respectful young man he is..... Well I think that speaks volumes. But carry on continue to make him look like some bad kid.....hey I guess you have to pick someone to hate....along with Hewitt, I guess Patrick is it!

I know most of you all could care a less what I have to say....but I just thought it was worth saying. And as I watched the came last night... I saw a young man standing up and clapping for his teammates who were on the floor trying to encourage and support.
Carry on with all your hate!

JamesMason

Preferred Walk-On
You have disliked Patrick from day 1. (most of you have always talked about him in a negative manner)
Here is a fact.....you don't know Patrick and certainly don't know his family. He has always been a team player. It would be really nice to hear something other than so much " hate" against him.
If he doesn't shoot you criticize him if he does shoot you criticize him..... we get it you don't like the young man! You don't have any respect for him.

Patrick will continue to focus on his team and continue to do everything he can do to help his team win.
And as a family member, when I go to games (and I am not in PR) and a GMU staff member tells me what a polite and respectful young man he is..... Well I think that speaks volumes. But carry on continue to make him look like some bad kid.....hey I guess you have to pick someone to hate....along with Hewitt, I guess Patrick is it!

I know most of you all could care a less what I have to say....but I just thought it was worth saying. And as I watched the came last night... I saw a young man standing up and clapping for his teammates who were on the floor trying to encourage and support.

Thanks, whoevers mom you are.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On

Why don't you ask Glenn Farello about Patrick and about his parents.
I would love to know your sources....I would love to know who is talking about Patrick and his family. It almost feels a bit like slander.
Could you tell me Jollay who is saying these things?

ricky

Preferred Walk-On

Patrick Holloway can score buckets, but I'm over his arrogance. Quit celebrating your shots and get your team in the game. .

"I heard from another basketball family in PR the Holloways sat behind the bench by themselves and yelled "Put Patrick in!!" when he was briefly benched for defense."

Since you have no problem calling our names out and spreading lies about my family... could you call out the family members you are referencing in your post? I know for a fact that Patrick's father never says anything at games and his mother is not even there....so again....who? I can sit and read a lot of nasty, negative comments about Patrick but when you actually start lying on us and try to paint us up as something we are not....well that seems almost illegal. You are calling us out by our names and just out and out lying about us.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I honestly haven't seen a lot of Patrick Holloway hate on here. I think I'm like a lot of fans who post here. I think he's a great shooter and scorer who maybe tries too hard sometimes because Hewitt hasn't recruited other shooters. Sure, people have criticized his D, but that's fair game. It's what fans do on message boards.

Most of the anger is directed where it should be, at Hewitt and sometimes TOC because he hired him. I sure hope the players and coaches aren't paying attention to message boards, because to me that's symptomatic of a team that's paying attention to the wrong stuff. Hewitt paid too much attention to it at Georgia Tech and it sounds like he's doing the same thing at Mason. I guess he blamed online stuff for almost losing a recruit.

Last edited:

couchcoach

Sixth Man

ricky.... ricky martin? cousin marko like you very much:bear:

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
I honestly haven't seen a lot of Patrick Holloway hate on here. I think I'm like a lot of fans who post here. I think he's a great shooter and scorer who maybe tries too hard sometimes because Hewitt hasn't recruited other shooters. Sure, people have criticized his D, but that's fair game. It's what fans do on message boards.

Most of the anger is directed where it should be, at Hewitt and sometimes TOC because he hired him. I sure hope the players and coaches aren't paying attention to message boards, because to me that's symptomatic of a team that's paying attention to the wrong stuff. Hewitt paid too much attention to it at Georgia Tech and it sounds like he's doing the same thing at Mason.

"I'm completely over him and his family's behavior. Both are far greater negatives toward team play and the program in general than positives right now.
Shame. Watched a lot of PV6 games and thought PH really was and could be a good player. Especially as a non-selfish facilitator who could still hit the big shots."

Okay....I guess we should not be offended by someone who does not know us plastering our name on this board with lies. I'm sorry... but I do care about someone spreading lies about me and my family.