Game 29: GMU (18-10 / 7-8) vs Duquesne (17-11 / 7-8) on Saturday, March 2, at 2:00 PM.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good grief stop the Hall rumors!! I saw him limping!
Between the presser and posts from very dedicated fans stating that we can "book it' that Hall never wears a Mason uniform again, it's hard to believe it's just about an ankle.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Would Coaches strike?? This bs is making their jobs impossible. For the vast majority its gotta be hell having success only to have it stolen before season ends

Would Coaches strike?? This bs is making their jobs impossible. For the vast majority its gotta be hell having success only to have it stolen before season ends

No because they are getting grossly overpaid as well.

None of this is sustainable, but it's not at all surprising in a country where we run up a 34 trillion national debt and pretend it's not a problem.

f**king United States

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Whether it’s Tennessee (big win last night) or it’s Mason, programs will need NIL funds no matter what the model ends up being.

Give your money to whatever program or cause you wish to Christopher. I’m currently boarding a flight to a tropical destination with my wife. It’s our first solo trip since having our daughter. I honestly couldn’t GAF where you put your money right now, I’m too busy stretching.
I am also in a tropical destination for the next week with my wife. First vacation in 12 years

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I feel bad for Tony man
In some ways yes but in other ways he knows he has to deal with it and will. It’s up to him and everyone in the admin and on staff to work through everything.

Either you adapt to the ncaa landscape with everything that goes on, or you work a low major job. Or you don’t work in d1 basketball.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If indeed Hall is missing the end of the year for NIL related reasons, I'd love to know the other teams who are losing their best player this year due to similar circumstances.

Apparently this stuff will happen to everyone, but it’s tough not to think GMU is especially snake bitten this year. There are other great players in the A-10. Anybody else losing their star for the stretch run?

I'm curious about other conferences too...is this shady crap really already the norm? Or for some strange reason is this just a George Mason problem this year?

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If indeed Hall is missing the end of the year for NIL related reasons, I'd love to know the other teams who are losing their best player this year due to similar circumstances.

Apparently this stuff will happen to everyone, but it’s tough not to think GMU is especially snake bitten this year. There are other great players in the A-10. Anybody else losing their star for the stretch run?

I'm curious about other conferences too...is this shady crap really already the norm? Or for some strange reason is this just a George Mason problem this year?
This is not a unique problem to mason. I have heard of other situations where players are checked out and struggling/in a slump bc they are ready to hit the portal.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is not a unique problem to mason. I have heard of other situations where players are checked out and struggling/in a slump bc they are ready to hit the portal.
Any players like Keyshawn who are apparently not even playing?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
If there are other examples like Hall (players of his caliber) I’d love to see them shared in the NIL thread.

It’s remarkable that a player would actively choose to skip the opportunity to win a conference title and play in the tournament. We know we have a team, that when they’re on, can beat anyone in this league.

Hall’s decision has to be gut wrenching for the entire program. Tony is paid a lot to deal with it, but the rest of the roster has to feel totally deflated going into what’s supposed to be the most important, and hopefully rewarding, time of the season.

There’s a lot that we have to adapt to with the NIL landscape (and a lot of it i’m okay with), but I really hope it gets to a point where at minimum in season tampering isn’t allowed.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If there are other examples like Hall (players of his caliber) I’d love to see them shared in the NIL thread.

It’s remarkable that a player would actively choose to skip the opportunity to win a conference title and play in the tournament. We know we have a team, that when they’re on, can beat anyone in this league.

Hall’s decision has to be gut wrenching for the entire program. Tony is paid a lot to deal with it, but the rest of the roster has to feel totally deflated going into what’s supposed to be the most important, and hopefully rewarding, time of the season.

There’s a lot that we have to adapt to with the NIL landscape (and a lot of it i’m okay with), but I really hope it gets to a point where at minimum in season tampering isn’t allowed.

I would start by dealing with it in the same way Archie Miller dealt with the Brayon Freeman situation. If someone wants to quit on the team before the season is over, they shouldn’t be in practice or in the locker room being a toxic presence to the rest of the team.