Game 29: GMU (16-12 / 8-7) at Dayton (19-9 / 11-4) on Saturday, February 25, at 6:00 PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
mopst teams still have 3 games to play
things will get clearer

10 wins means no PIG
10 losses means PIG
and this 9-9 may mean PIG with tiebreakers
Don’t think 9-9 or even 8-10 mean pig for mason with tiebreakers. Add to the fact some of the teams below mason have head to head and there’s really only “2 pig spots” for like 5 or 6 teams, it’s very unlikely. Also Richmond losing tonight pushed them down more.

Don’t think 9-9 or even 8-10 mean pig for mason with tiebreakers. Add to the fact some of the teams below mason have head to head and there’s really only “2 pig spots” for like 5 or 6 teams, it’s very unlikely. Also Richmond losing tonight pushed them down more.
8-10 Could mean PIG. 9-9 won't at this rate. If La Salle beats GW, not impossible at that rate (and remember La Salle still has Dayton Tuesday), but if they lose we'd have tie breaker over them and combine that with tie breaker over Davidson and the face one of Joe's or Bonnies have to lose tomorrow since they play each other, and Joe's plays Richmond on the 1st of March themselves, so even then...

Basically 8-10, sweating it out, 9-9, almost assuredly not unless two teams pull off some sudden magic.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What does PIG mean in this context? Are w-l tie breakers going to be decided on a game of P-I-G between selected players from the A10 teams in question?
Unfortunately the PIG has increased to six teams due to Loyola Chicago joining the A10. It used to be the bottom 4 had the longest road to winning.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What does PIG mean in this context? Are w-l tie breakers going to be decided on a game of P-I-G between selected players from the A10 teams in question?
Guess it makes sense that a vcu fan doesn’t know what PIG stands for. Hey, I remembered to use lower case letters this time, which seems to be a thing you do now with the initials of your hated rival. (at least here on mason hoops)

BTW, I wasn't happy but also wasn't sad vcu helped provide a little separation in the standings between GMU and Richmond.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
8-10 Could mean PIG. 9-9 won't at this rate. If La Salle beats GW, not impossible at that rate (and remember La Salle still has Dayton Tuesday), but if they lose we'd have tie breaker over them and combine that with tie breaker over Davidson and the face one of Joe's or Bonnies have to lose tomorrow since they play each other, and Joe's plays Richmond on the 1st of March themselves, so even then...

Basically 8-10, sweating it out, 9-9, almost assuredly not unless two teams pull off some sudden magic.
Lots of stuff would have to go very very wrong for us to end up in the PIG even at 8-10. I think the last odds I saw had us at less than 20%.

But we really want to get that 6 seed because either Fordham or SLU in a potential QF matchup are far preferable to vcu or Dayton. Might need to get to 10 wins for that to happen.

NewPatriot

Starter
Guess it makes sense that a vcu fan doesn’t know what PIG stands for. Hey, I remembered to use lower case letters this time, which seems to be a thing you do now with the initials of your hated rival. (at least here on mason hoops)

BTW, I wasn't happy but also wasn't sad vcu helped provide a little separation in the standings between GMU and Richmond.
I dunno I heard it it called the Tuesday Pillow fight. But P-I-G to me is like H-O-R-S-E..that would actually a more interesting way to advance...in all seriousness..why do you guys think Mason ends up 9-9...I say 11-7 with a win over Dayton today in the mix.

View: https://youtu.be/g0i0-VIlOvM

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Any online radio broadcasts? Can’t get ESPN working on the plane.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
About as good of a half as we could ask for there. Keep it up and get ready for the run in the second half because it’s coming.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Someone call AAA, the wheels are coming off. These refs are horrible, but that’s no excuse to go more than 6 minutes without a field goal. Cooper and Ticket need to step up with Josh out and play like seniors.