Game 29: GMU (16-12 / 8-7) at Dayton (19-9 / 11-4) on Saturday, February 25, at 6:00 PM.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Was it over when the Spartans bombed Pearl Harbor? Spartans? Pearl Harbor? Be quiet, he's rolling.
Was it over when the Heels stepped in the court? No. The Green and Gold was their kryptonite!

We have a nice history in that arena against foes that are supposed to crush us. But we are MASON! Go get'em, men. Shove their 10-4 conference record right down their 2nd place throats.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was it over when the Spartans bombed Pearl Harbor? Spartans? Pearl Harbor? Be quiet, he's rolling.
Was it over when the Heels stepped in the court? No. The Green and Gold was their kryptonite!

We have a nice history in that arena against foes that are supposed to crush us. But we are MASON! Go get'em, men. Shove their 10-4 conference record right down their 2nd place throats.

Everyone please do not search “2nd Place Throats” if you’re at work. It could complicate your employment situation. The more you know.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I see that this game is now on ESPNU. The schedule had previously indicated the games was on ESPN. Now it appears ESPN is airing Virginia vs. UNC. Bigger game? I don't think so.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t feel like waiting for this game. We win this game and the A10 tournament just got a whole lot more exciting.

Got a feeling the winning streak will continue ..... assuming like Crash Davis, KE knows how to respect the streak. Keep playing tough - take no sh** from their bigs, and feed Oduro the ball as much as possible.

The Phoenix Rising - 59
Wright Bros U - 57

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Dayton wins easily at UMass by 18; UMass never got inside a 10 pt deficit in the second half, so it was a low stress game for the flyers.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
If we beat Dayton be sure to join GKs spaces afterwards, we'll have a special guest join and his name starts with K.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If we beat Dayton be sure to join GKs spaces afterwards, we'll have a special guest join and his name starts with K.
And no, the special guest is not me since many of you refer to me as "Kaufman" lol

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
as of today - tied for 6th place in the A-10
tie breakers may play a big role in the final standings.

1677259466703.png

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely some tiebreakers to figure out. Hopefully Mason takes care of their own business, but it will be interesting to see what some of the programs do as there are a lot of games this weekend with seeding implication. Even at 8-10 worst case, Mason could probably fall as far as 9th. I'm hoping to have that 6th or 7th spot.

Interesting games that impact where Mason goes

vcu vs richmond - Richmond losing would give them a 9th loss and fall closer to the bottom than the middle of the pack. Should be a good one on Friday night A10 on ESPN.
Lasalle vs GW- Mason and GW are in a dead tie. I'm not sure who owns the tiebreaker between those two, but Mason has the tiebreaker over Lasalle. Lasalle losing would push them also closer to the bottom but also make it tougher for Mason as they would have to find a way to keep pace or they could fall to around the 7th spot. Also if Lasalle loses, they would not have the tiebreaker over GW or Mason to my knowledge.
St Joes vs Bonaventure- someone has to lose, most likely whoever loses will be in the pillow fight
Davidson vs Duquense- someone has to lose. Davidson losing would solidify them in the pillow fight whereas Duquense losing would give Mason a chance to tie Duquense (even though Duquense has a tiebreaker).

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How does the Mason GW tiebreaker work with us splitting? Is it points or is it record vs common opponents?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How does the Mason GW tiebreaker work with us splitting? Is it points or is it record vs common opponents?

2. Conference record of the tied teams based on winning percentage versus the highest
common opponent and proceeding down to the lowest common opponent, if necessary, until
one team gains an advantage.
a. All ties are broken in descending order.
b. When arriving at another pair of tied teams, use each team’s record against the tied teams
as a group. When comparing records against a group of teams, the higher winning
percentage will prevail. In case of tied percentages vs. the team or group of 1.000 or
.000, the following shall apply: 2-0 is better than 1-0; 0-1 is better than 0-2.

No idea how it would work with Mason GW but if someone wants to interpret this, have at it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

2. Conference record of the tied teams based on winning percentage versus the highest
common opponent and proceeding down to the lowest common opponent, if necessary, until
one team gains an advantage.
a. All ties are broken in descending order.
b. When arriving at another pair of tied teams, use each team’s record against the tied teams
as a group. When comparing records against a group of teams, the higher winning
percentage will prevail. In case of tied percentages vs. the team or group of 1.000 or
.000, the following shall apply: 2-0 is better than 1-0; 0-1 is better than 0-2.

No idea how it would work with Mason GW but if someone wants to interpret this, have at it.

It would mean looking at their record against vcu, then Dayton, then Fordham, then SLU (right now that is). GW doesn’t play vcu until the last game of the season, but so far:

1-0 against Dayton, 0-1 against Fordham and SLU; and 0-0 against vcu.

So if we lose to Dayton we will most likely lose the tiebreaker unless somehow we bear Fordham and they finish higher than Dayton.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It would mean looking at their record against vcu, then Dayton, then Fordham, then SLU (right now that is). GW doesn’t play vcu until the last game of the season, but so far:

1-0 against Dayton, 0-1 against Fordham and SLU; and 0-0 against vcu.

So if we lose to Dayton we will most likely lose the tiebreaker unless somehow we bear Fordham and they finish higher than Dayton.
Thanks- is it all the teams above Mason and GW that get factored in though? Not Duquense?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think that they start at the top team and work their was down until a tie is broken, at which point they stop.

So it’s possible it will get to Duquesne bu Mason would have to beat Dayton first and then lose to Fordham. GW is also 0-1 against Duquesne so they wouldn’t break the tie either.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
mopst teams still have 3 games to play
things will get clearer

10 wins means no PIG
10 losses means PIG
and this 9-9 may mean PIG with tiebreakers