Game 28: GMU (14-13 / 7-7) at Davidson (24-4 / 14-2) on Wednesday, March 2, at 7PM.

FreeGunston12

All-American
As much as I hate losing some of these games, it also sucks that we couldn’t reschedule two super winnable games and might have finished 10-8. You couple that with the 9 games this team lost by 2 possessions or fewer (including 5 by one possession) you can’t but ask what if?! But after having to overturn 4 starters you can’t help but be optimistic for the future after the results of year one.

I’m not super optimistic about this particular game, but that’s also why you have to play them. If Gaines and Cooper can get going and Schwartz doesn’t have an off night, Davidson’s home crowd might have a stunner on their hands.
Fully understand what you're saying. But if you have to ask questions like "what if we didn't lose to GW, Fordham, and La Salle?", you probably should stop yourself.

Do think we are capable of stealing a victory. Anything can happen. But this is a well-coached team having one hell of a season that we are playing.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fully understand what you're saying. But if you have to ask questions like "what if we didn't lose to GW, Fordham, and La Salle?", you probably should stop yourself.

Do think we are capable of stealing a victory. Anything can happen. But this is a well-coached team having one hell of a season that we are playing.

Yes. And one that barely beat some of these same teams, so there is that. I fully expect to lose given the relative trajectory of our team of late. But at the same time, as even outside observers say, this team has a higher ceiling than any of the other teams below us.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to seeing Oduro match up with Luka B. The outcome of that could help decide who wins POTY.
maxresdefault.jpg

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"• Since joining the A-10, the Wildcats have won a regular season title (2015), tournament title (2018) and totaled 90 league wins (11.2 per year), while recording an average finish of 4.4 in the 14-team conference and making the tournament semifinals each year.
• Davidson has clinched a double-bye in the A-10 Tournament for the fifth time in eight years.

INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Foster Loyer (16.5), Hyunjung Lee (16.4), Luka Brajkovic (14.9) and Michael Jones (12.2) are each averaging double figures for the Wildcats.
• Loyer enters ninth nationally in 3-point field-goal percentage, shooting 43.7 percent (63-144).
• In addition, he leads the nation in free-throw percentage (.941 | 96-102).
• Averaging 20.6 points over his last five games, Lee enters just eight points shy of 1,000 for his career.
• Brajkovic, a preseason all-conference selection, is averaging 17.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.2 blocks per game against league competition, while shooting 59.4 percent (104-175) from the field and 45.8 percent (22-48) from behind the 3-point line.
• Davidson's starting lineup is shooting 50.3 percent (641-1273) from the floor and 42.0 percent (229-544) from 3-point range.
The Wildcats rank among the nation's best in field-goal percentage (13th), 3-point field-goal percentage (4th), free-throw percentage (24th) and assist/turnover ratio (12th).
• Davidson is 20-0 on the season when hitting the 70-point plateau.
• The Wildcats' last three wins have come by an average margin of +22.0."

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well my future of +600 for Davidson to win the regular season crown should hit with a win against Mason... how bittersweet. If Loyer is out I actually like our chances. Going to need a big day from Ticket on Luka as Oduro should be guarding Mennenga or he will foul out in the first 5 mins. Need to team rebound and limit second chances and Schwartz needs to play tight on Lee as well. Mason by 2 in a shootout

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Quick question about ESPN+: I've watched dozens of games live on the service before through my Fire Stick, but I'm wondering what happens if I am going to be out when the game starts tomorrow night and start watching at 8pm? Will it start the game from the beginning, or does it begin in real time?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Quick question about ESPN+: I've watched dozens of games live on the service before through my Fire Stick, but I'm wondering what happens if I am going to be out when the game starts tomorrow night and start watching at 8pm? Will it start the game from the beginning, or does it begin in real time?
My experience last year (haven't had to watch one on ESPN+ so far this year) was that if you started while the game was still going, it started you at the current time. If you start it after the game ends, then it starts at the beginning of the game. I vaguely recall being able to rewind (just don't look at the score) if you start in the middle while it is still playing, but, I am not sure on that last one.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My experience last year (haven't had to watch one on ESPN+ so far this year) was that if you started while the game was still going, it started you at the current time. If you start it after the game ends, then it starts at the beginning of the game. I vaguely recall being able to rewind (just don't look at the score) if you start in the middle while it is still playing, but, I am not sure on that last one.
this is correct @gmutom

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I haven't been successful rewinding once the game is "live". Maybe it's just me.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Well my future of +600 for Davidson to win the regular season crown should hit with a win against Mason... how bittersweet. If Loyer is out I actually like our chances. Going to need a big day from Ticket on Luka as Oduro should be guarding Mennenga or he will foul out in the first 5 mins. Need to team rebound and limit second chances and Schwartz needs to play tight on Lee as well. Mason by 2 in a shootout
Silver lining, at least we won’t have to watch Lee drilling jumpers in Kolek’s face all night like we did in the 2021 A-10 quarterfinals. Only Dave would assign a 6-2 guy to guard a 6-7 sharpshooter SMDH.

I mean, we might very well make it a game, but you gotta roll with Davidson -7 right?

Mason -11 vs. GW was absurd but nice to see Vegas giving us props, must have been the Kansas game.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I happen to be at the NASCAR hall of fame in Charlotte. I hear there is a game in Davidson later today. Figure I’ll head up there for that.

Attachments

• 9E64AC1E-6639-41C6-BC47-84E9D32D3D1B.jpeg
    9E64AC1E-6639-41C6-BC47-84E9D32D3D1B.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 303

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I like that when the team is shown getting ready for away games, they’re never standing on the opponent’s logo.

On its own It’s minor, but it’s indicative of running your program with class.

FM3b3EIXMAcKqJ_

FMTXtt-X0AAjvRh

NewPatriot

Starter
I like that when the team is shown getting ready for away games, they’re never standing on the opponent’s logo.

On its own It’s minor, but it’s indicative of running your program with class.

FM3b3EIXMAcKqJ_

FMTXtt-X0AAjvRh

CKE is building a team that is connected to one another which is the first step to building a winning program.