Game 25: HOMECOMING against St. Bonaventure, Feb 15th, 6 PM, MASN

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Agreed, but there should some local coverage with the home games. Wasn't Steven Goss our reporter at one point?

Goff was indeed. However, it wasn't his primary focus, but down his list of tasks. I worked with his brother at one pt. and he pretty much said that without saying it.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
He was at American's home game Wed night. He's been at their home games for about a month now.

Yep. Those guys, while they have slipped a little the last few games, are competing for a NCAAT berth or even an auto NIT bid if they win the reg. season of the Patriot. Currently 1 game back of BU for first place.

sigmanorm

Starter
Where you gonna be? Are you going to have your fear the beard banner up?
Shoot. Just saw this. I had my Sigma Nu flag and Mason flag up for a while. It was too windy for the tent so we only hung out there for about 90 mins or so then went into the alumni tent

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Show me one comment I've made to the contrary. Our defense was pathetic. I just think it's a joke you think we played well offensively yesterday. We did not.

I also never said we played really well on offense, just that to say St. Bonaventure played well on offense and that we were atrocious is a little
Show me one comment I've made to the contrary. Our defense was pathetic. I just think it's a joke you think we played well offensively yesterday. We did not.

I didn't say we played well offensively, just that our scoring output should have been enough to win the game and that our problems have less to do with offensive scheme than defensive. I'm not sure why you are having a hard time with that

Also, it really doesn't matter where the points come from, either. So what if Jenkins, Holloway and Moore shot poorly from the field? I mean, are you going to point out that two of St. Bonnies started shot a combined 3-12 from the field? No? I didn't think so. Why? Because it doesn't matter, the rest of the team torched us.

Patriotfan49

Starter

I think youre missing his point. "Well" is subjective when it comes to the offense, but scoring 73 points more often than not should be a pretty decent amount if you have any shred of defense.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think youre missing his point. "Well" is subjective when it comes to the offense, but scoring 73 points more often than not should be a pretty decent amount if you have any shred of defense.

I'm operating on the premise that we have no defense, so 73 points while good on paper is not enough for us to win most games. No question we need to fix our defense; but the short term solution if we can't do that is to get more production from our offense.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I'm operating on the premise that we have no defense, so 73 points while good on paper is not enough for us to win most games. No question we need to fix our defense; but the short term solution if we can't do that is to get more production from our offense.

That isnt a valid excuse for any team. I understand while in our case its true, but its just really a pathetic existence. We have a defense, and guys are capable of guarding to a degree that allows us to win. I just think that the system they are forced to run is the main culprit in making them about as stout as a cardboard cut out.

If Hewitt would stop being an idiot and continuing to employ his useless game plans, and dumb down the defense to the vary basic of defenses like a 2-3 zone that is run in most every 5th grade gym......it could help a lot.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It's a lot easier to fix defense than offense. We simply don't have enough shooters on this team to get into scoring battles, but you can teach anyone proper defensive techniques.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Tom has posted an excerpt from the Paul Westhead playbook :D

Harry

Starter
Shit... The light skinned black guy ref from the caa is referring this game... This douche bag hates us.
He is Bernard Clinton. He made the horrific call in the CAA finals that gave the game to vcu. With vcu leading by a point (I think), Maynor drove toward the basket and was fouled with about 30 seconds to go. Clinton called it a flagrant, which essentially ended the game as all Mason could do was foul an 80% foul shooter (Maynor). As you can see, I have totally forgotten that call...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a lot easier to fix defense than offense. We simply don't have enough shooters on this team to get into scoring battles, but you can teach anyone proper defensive techniques.

I don't disagree at all. I never said it wasn't a** backwards. I'm just saying that — even with as piss-poor as we played defensively — we still could have won this game had Sherrod and Allen gotten any help offensively. I think we're all on the same page in that our defense needs to get much better. Yesterday's performance was inexcusable.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't disagree at all. I never said it wasn't a** backwards. I'm just saying that we still could have won this game had Sherrod and Allen gotten any help offensively.

Tom,
Arent you tired of saying the same sentence after each game? The names may change, but I'm pretty sure you always say this after a loss. Crazy.