Game 25: GMU (13-11 / 6-5) at Fordham (11-13 / 4-8) on Sunday, February 20, at 2:30PM.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
XJ (arguably the worst 3pt shooter in the starting five): 9 3pt shots
Rest of the starting five: 9 3pt shots.

This is not the winning formula.

I get that they're basically giving him the open shots, but KE needs to call some different offenses to get the other guys open who can shoot better.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
3 on Gaines with 5 minutes left on the half... oduro playing with 2... so who's going to step up off the bench? Beuhler?
One of the things I absolutely love is KE's willingness to let guys like Oduro and Gaines play with 2+ fouls instead of relegating them to the bench. Most coaches, even those with thin benches, are unwilling to roll the dice.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Malik sighting. Would be nice to get some quality minutes out of him given we’ve been getting bent over down low today.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We are either soft.....or very calm. Fordham put a 12-0 run on us and we didn't get defensively pissed about it. Can't win at a high level Ike that.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
XJ (arguably the worst 3pt shooter in the starting five): 9 3pt shots
Rest of the starting five: 9 3pt shots.

This is not the winning formula.

I get that they're basically giving him the open shots, but KE needs to call some different offenses to get the other guys open who can shoot better.
I cringe, only because of his form, but he's currently 4-11 from deep is taking care of the ball (he's been terrific at this for the past 3-4 games), is playing inspired D and is carrying us on his back. Schwartz, Coop, and Oduro need to step up.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
God damn Oduro that’s one of the best plays I’ve seen from any Mason big.

illayin

Sixth Man
Contrary to what the announcers have been saying, I think they are sagging off XJ more so that he can't beat their perimeter defenders off the dribble and create/dish. Fordham would rather have him shoot a respectable 35-40% from 3 than have him fuel the entire offense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with XJ shooting wide open 3's if that's how Fordham wants us to beat them rather than XJ driving and creating. If we lose, it's not going to be because of XJ shooting wide open 3's...that's just laughable.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
Otis is getting abused at both ends of the floor......Gotta think Henry can body up better down low. Otis looks way overmatched.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
Cooper/Schwartz 2-11 from the arc.
I take back every hype I've given the guy. That was the worst individual couple minutes of basketball I may have ever seen. Looked like he has no clue what he was supposed to be doing/ where he was supposed to be setting screens.
That, and I guess he hasn't been watching the entire game if he thinks he can face straight up on Ohams without getting stuffed.....