Game 25: Fordham University, Wednesday, February 18, 7 PM, NO TV

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Fordham comes in with a 6-16 record but plays St Joe's today (2/15), 1-10 in the A-10, and 0-8 on the road.
The schedule can be found here: http://www.fordhamsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Eric Pacshall is averaging 17.7 PPG/5.4 RPG, Mandell Thomas is averaging 12.3 PPG, and Chris Sengfelder is averaging 11.0 PPG/7.1 RPG.

Stats are here: http://www.fordhamsports.com/custompages/stats/mbb/2014-15/teamcume.htm

Last year's box score is here (A-10 tourney game): http://www.fordhamsports.com/custompages/stats/mbb/2013-14/formbb30.htm

Regular season game: http://www.fordhamsports.com/custompages/stats/mbb/2013-14/formbb18.htm

Discuss.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is the one game I will predict a Patriot win. GMU 64 - Fordham 56. Brad Edwards publicly announces a 25 year contract extension for Hewitt based on the 2 game win streak at home. Thousands commit seppuku as a result of the announcement.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
How soon people forget that Fordham was 2-0 against us last season.

We should be able to beat them in Fairfax, but this is one of those confounding games that Hewitt teams seem capable of losing.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How soon people forget that Fordham was 2-0 against us last season.

We should be able to beat them in Fairfax, but this is one of those confounding games that Hewitt teams seem capable of losing.

Severe, who scored 21 and 12 respectively in those two games, isn't on the team anymore. And I know we suck at home, but both of those games were also in New York.

But we are capable of losing to anyone, so it would be no surprise to me if we crap on our own floor after having beating Richmond last night.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Severe, who scored 21 and 12 respectively in those two games, isn't on the team anymore.

Neat trick, him having 4 points today against Saint Joe's without even being on the team.

Just breaking balls, Gemini. Severe was either suspended or took a leave of absence earlier this season, but he's been back for a while.

The way we give up uncontested threes we can lose to anyone at any time, and Fordham has the guard play to beat us.

This team isn't hard to figure out. In our wins, the opponent has scored 60, 63, 60, 62, 60 and 67 (OT), 62 in regulation points. The only exception was ridiculous stupid pace Iona...81 points.

Basically, if we hold the opposition to 60-65 points we have a solid chance to win. If we don't it's unlikely--we juts don't have the offensive firepower. That simple.

So, let's say 67-63 win.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Neat trick, him having 4 points today against Saint Joe's without even being on the team.

Just breaking balls, Gemini. Severe was either suspended or took a leave of absence earlier this season, but he's been back for a while.

Ah didn't realize he came back. I thought he "left the team" earlier in the year.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thompson has 17 points and 20 rebounds. Corey has 12 points and draws 3 charges. We make 10 out of 25 free throw attempts. Holloway makes 5 3 pointers in the Win. Lou Brown has a heart attack as we get the winning streak going.

Goodguys 70
No NY Ram Jams in our house 63

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not confident in a win. Fordham's playing better ball - a Richmond poster stated that the Rams should have win there too.

Hopefully Mason comes out with the same focus and intensity as homecoming.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I predict a win.

And another step in the "its not so bad, let's give it another year" justification from the ADs office.

Another step? I've talked to several people in that office, and I've never heard one person say they are looking for excuses or reasons to justify another year. What steps are you hearing about?

KAOriginal

All-American
Another step? I've talked to several people in that office, and I've never heard one person say they are looking for excuses or reasons to justify another year. What steps are you hearing about?

Tom I have absolutely nothing but some small sick feeling in my gut with nothing in rumor or anything to say that is the case. Something just doesn't feel right and its not because he hasn't been fired.

I hang my hopes on what you and others know.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Yes, much has changed since last season, which evidently has not been communicated to KA in Maine. But, he's right - nobody knows what President Cabrera will do.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm to the point where I tune out everything I hear. Somebody mentioned to me at the game Saturday that they heard Hewitt was getting a 2-year extension, and I just laughed it off. I'm sure it will all be cleared up soon.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It is utterly inexcusable to allow sub standard management of the roster, incompetent and inconsistent game management, poor preperation of student athletes, both in motivation and scheme Etc. Wining a game here or there is peanuts compared to the double digit number Of losses. His career 60% conf game losing rate is well documented. If Hewitt gets an extension something aint right and we can all kiss this program goodbye.