Game 25: Fordham University, Wednesday, February 18, 7 PM, NO TV

JBiggs

Starter
Isn't Eric Paschall a freshman? If so, what a hell of a pickup. I remember lots of underrated talk about him in HS.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
D-I rankings for games through 2/15/15:

Offensive Rebounds Per Game:
Fordham - 37th (12.78)
Mason - 24th (13.17)

Total Rebounds Per Game:
Fordham - 69th (36.78)
Mason - 52nd (37.25)

Rebound Margin:
Fordham - 54th (4.3)
Mason - 81st (3.4)

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
St thomas moore is a school we have no history of recuits with. :rolleyes:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jesus..... this dude is the real deal, a pure scorer. How in the hell did Fordham land this guy!? Seems like he hould be in the ACC or at a way better school than Fordham.

Ugh. We need to recruit shooters like this

See, there are players out there who are 6-6 who can shoot, Hewitt just hasn't found them. I got lulled into him recruiting taller players, because I figured he'd find at least one who could consistently stroke the ball like Paschall.

Ironically, it appears he finally landed a kid like that in Gilbert, but who knows what will happen to him if Hewitt's not around next year. Go figure.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Ironically, it appears he finally landed a kid like that in Gilbert, but who knows what will happen to him if Hewitt's not around next year. Go figure.

Any chance that fellow Philadelphian Erik Copes would convince him to honor his commitment?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jesus..... this dude is the real deal, a pure scorer. How in the hell did Fordham land this guy!? Seems like he hould be in the ACC or at a way better school than Fordham.

How did Pecora get any of those guards of his at Hofstra? Agudio, Stokes, Jenkins, Chazz. There are others, too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Any chance that fellow Philadelphian Erik Copes would convince him to honor his commitment?

I seriously doubt we want a kid who left the team for whatever reason trying to talk a kid into playing for us (even if the coach is different). Surely, there is a better reference we can find.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How did Pecora get any of those guards of his at Hofstra? Agudio, Stokes, Jenkins, Chazz. There are others, too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Yea, I hear ya. I think the city schools in NYC and Philly have the ability to land good-great players due to their special circumstances with family, girlfriends, or having a kid and wanting to be close to their girlfriend and child. Also, they may come from a single parent household where going far away from home isn't an option. I'm just saying there are more factors at play here from these inner city schools and sometimes can make it easier for colleges in these cities to recruit good caliber players based on these special circumstances.

Therefore, these colleges located close to these major cities up-play the fact to the kids that they are close and they can play bball and earn a degree while being close to their family and/or children if they happen to have kids at that age. Having a child at that age throws a huge wrench in to player's plans on so many levels.

I do believe Agudio had a kid at that 17-18 age so I'm sure he wanted to stay close to his child and baby mama..... choosing a college close to them was his answer.

Stokes was from Buffalo so I don't think he got many looks from big time programs. Hofstra may have been involved early with his recruitment.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
See, there are players out there who are 6-6 who can shoot, Hewitt just hasn't found them. I got lulled into him recruiting taller players, because I figured he'd find at least one who could consistently stroke the ball like Paschall.

It's dumbfounding how set in his recruiting ways Hewitt seems to be. Gone are the days of recruiting a sharp shooting Lamar Butler or John Vaughan type player. He doesn't know how to recruit role players or glue type kids. We need a 3 point threat desperately. But I know he will recruit a 6'8 combo guard instead of a pure shooter.

We need to recruit shooters who can knock down the 3, the 10 foot jump shot, and can also drive the lane and make the lay-up on a consistent basis.

Its not rocket science

wijg

Starter
Yes, much has changed since last season, which evidently has not been communicated to KA in Maine...
That s good to hear. I had stopped talking to people in the AD after last year as I got tired of hearing all the delusional defenses of Hewitt as if they were all going from the same talking points.

Now, is this a sign that Hewitt's end is near, that BE runs a more open AD or something else?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Just like Jon Severe, Fordham can get some nice young guys because they've been so bad for so long, they can offer immediate PT and plenty of shots. If that's what you're into, and you're OK with never winning, it can be an attractive pitch.

Probably what Hewitt told Gilbert, now that I think about it. "Look how lousy our guards are, son. You can walk in and start from Day 1 if you can hit a shot from beyond 15 feet with any consistency."

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,8807.0.html:

Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer
star.gif

useroff.gif

George Mason Pregame

« on: Today at 10:16:35 pm »

"They are 3-9 in conference and Hewitte is a disaster on the sideline. Go in there and get the win. My suggestion is that Pecora stop talking about winning on the road like we are going to Kentucky to play. The crowd Will be small making the environment anything but hostile. Act like you expect to win."

polepino

Starter
As bad as we are I still cant believe Pecora has lasted as long as he has at Fordham. Have any of his teams had a winning record while he's been there? Pretty decent success at Hofstra in the CAA but bottom of the barrel in the A10 as far as I remember.