Game 24: AT University of Rhode Island, Tuesday, February 9th, 7 PM, NO TV

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Unless you live in the Rhode Island area, the game is being shown there on Ocean State Networks (OSN).

Rhode Island comes into this game with a 13-10 record/5-5 in the A-10.

The schedule is here: http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/2015-16/schedule

The stats are here: http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/2015-16/files/1516cumes.pdf

Jared Terrell is averaging 12.6 PPG, Jarvis Garrett is averaging 12.6 PPG, Hassan Martin is averging 11.6 PPG/5.6 RPG, Four McGlynn is averaging 11.5 PPG and Kuran Iverson is averaging 10.5 PPG/6.6 RPG. These stats were before Saturday's win against La Salle.

Discuss.

GMU92

Starter
Was hoping to road trip to this game this year and putter around Newport for a little while, but alas, a mid-week tip ain't gonna work.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Rpiforecast: URI is favored by 13.4. And I'm sure that doesn't even factor in Marquis being out. I'm not sure if Rhody has returned to normal depth. They surely did a number on LaSalle in an away game.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
URI has a decent stadium but their campus is in the middle of nowhere and not much around. URI is beatable even without Moore. However, everyone needs to be on and needs to play lights out. Grayer will light it up.

Goodguys 61
Yeaaa cause Rhode Island has more Rams than people 59

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Appears this game isn't on the A-10 network. Looks like it's $5 to view on OSN. Kinda ridiculous it's not available through A-10.

RhodyHoops

Recruit
Rpiforecast: URI is favored by 13.4. And I'm sure that doesn't even factor in Marquis being out. I'm not sure if Rhody has returned to normal depth. They surely did a number on LaSalle in an away game.

Garrett returned against La Salle with an incredible looking mask; Iverson missed his second straight game and has not yet practiced since his concussion. Matthews, obviously, is out. Without Iverson, they'd again just have two guys coming off the bench. Berry (their 9th and last scholarship player) rarely plays.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Garrett returned against La Salle with an incredible looking mask; Iverson missed his second straight game and has not yet practiced since his concussion. Matthews, obviously, is out. Without Iverson, they'd again just have two guys coming off the bench. Berry (their 9th and last scholarship player) rarely plays.

Without Moore our Bench is mostly just bodies to throw in to give the starters a rest (take a look at the stats for Kameron Murrell, Danny Dixon, and Julian Royal). Mason basically has a six man rotation right now.

So it sounds like it's going to be Rhody's starting five versus Mason's starting five.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I'm assuming Mason plans to fly up to Providence. Anyone know?

Weather in the Providence area today:

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20160208/snow-has-arrived-but-little-later-than-expected

"The Weather Service issued a winter weather warning for the state, which is in effect until 7 a.m. Tuesday.Forecasters are calling for 8 to 12 inches of snow across Rhode Island and Massachusetts, with some areas receiving 14 inches.The snow will move from the south to the north of the state, forecasters said.
“Snow intensity will begin to diminish by early evening by localized bands of moderate to have snow may persist into the overnight hours,” the weather service said in their forecast.
It will be a heavy, wet snow, with significant blowing and drifting, forecasters said. There may be whiteout conditions as the storm intensifies.
Wind gusts of up to 45 miles per hour are expected in the Providence area.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm assuming Mason plans to fly up to Providence. Anyone know?

Weather in the Providence area today:

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20160208/snow-has-arrived-but-little-later-than-expected

"The Weather Service issued a winter weather warning for the state, which is in effect until 7 a.m. Tuesday.Forecasters are calling for 8 to 12 inches of snow across Rhode Island and Massachusetts, with some areas receiving 14 inches.The snow will move from the south to the north of the state, forecasters said.
“Snow intensity will begin to diminish by early evening by localized bands of moderate to have snow may persist into the overnight hours,” the weather service said in their forecast.
It will be a heavy, wet snow, with significant blowing and drifting, forecasters said. There may be whiteout conditions as the storm intensifies.
Wind gusts of up to 45 miles per hour are expected in the Providence area.

They left this evening and landed more than an hour ago. Good thing ... There was snow on the runway from some of the photos I saw.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hurley and Otis are both Jersey guys so there is mutual respect there.

Beyond that, what he said was accurate -- the two freshmen have been great, DP is coaching his butt off and we have 4 veteran guys who can give teams problems.

I do admit that the part about us playing "great" on the road was intended for his team's consumption, though.