Game 24: AT UMass, Feb 12th, 7 PM, NO TV

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I wonder what the team plans to do about coming home after the game. With thousands of flights already being canceled up and down the coast — and the forecast being much worse between tonight and tomorrow — they very well could be stuck up there until Friday. Amtrak might be a possibility, but they will even have cancelations and delays if the mid-Atlantic and Northeast get as much snow as expected.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I wonder what the team plans to do about coming home after the game. With thousands of flights already being canceled up and down the coast — and the forecast being much worse between tonight and tomorrow — they very well could be stuck up there until Friday. Amtrak might be a possibility, but they will even have cancelations and delays if the mid-Atlantic and Northeast get as much snow as expected.

At least our game on Saturday isn't till 6, that helps.

I thought the same thing you did.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I live in CT and it's supposed to be awful starting around 4am Thursday and ending 24 hours later around 4am Friday. They are predicting 10-14 inches for most of CT. I would imagine they won't be heading back to Fairfax until Friday.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I live in CT and it's supposed to be awful starting around 4am Thursday and ending 24 hours later around 4am Friday. They are predicting 10-14 inches for most of CT. I would imagine they won't be heading back to Fairfax until Friday.

why can't they fly out tonight?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The "side door" of the airport leads to the Greyhound station.

Huh? I think I get what you are saying, but it's a bit beyond the scope. TOC would never let the team take a bus back from boston. Cabs, probably. On the back of a seafood delivery truck leaving Boston, definetly more cost effective.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
why can't they fly out tonight?

It looks like they would miss the storm in Amhearst — which isn't supposed to start until early Thursday — but the problem will be flying into Reagan or Dulles with the storm here starting at 9pm and peaking at the hours in which they would need to land (after 11pm).

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I assume that the team is flying by charter to and from Hartford, CT.

Yea, closest major airport to UMass is Bradley in CT. If they don't have the plane in the parking lot following the game then I don't see them getting back until early Friday.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
An early tip like 2 or 4 would of been helpful for all.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
I don't see any issues with us staying an extra day or so due to the weather. It might actually help the team unwind a bit not to rush back and be thrown back into their home schedules.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Great post, gmutom. Unfortunately, the fouling out part will probably be correct, unless Hewitt takes him out again after getting his 4th foul early in the 2nd half, which is usually what happens. And of course all of the fouls will be undeserved.