Game 22: AT University of Richmond, Wednesday, February 3rd, 7 PM, NO TV

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think we've conclusively determined from the posts about Kenpom, Realtimerpi, RPIforecast and Vegasinsider that we are a big underdog tonight. Let's just watch the damn game. :cool:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I like that we are being aggressive on offense, but we need to tighten up our man to man. Too many fouls and open shots. Fortunately, they are missing a lot of them.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The ending of the first half was kind of emblematic of our season. We lead most of the first half, Marko misses a wide open 3 and then they score on a fastbreak at the buzzer and take a 1-point lead into the half.

That said, we did some good things to keep the game much closer than anybody expected. Need to keep driving and hitting the boards, and we must play better defense. They missed a lot of open shots they won't miss in the second half.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The ending of the first half was kind of emblematic of our season. We lead most of the first half, Marko misses a wide open 3 and then they score on a fastbreak at the buzzer and take a 1-point lead into the half.

That said, we did some good things to keep the game much closer than anybody expected. Need to keep driving and hitting the boards, and we must play better defense. They missed a lot of open shots they won't miss in the second half.

Yep - our last three end of half situations have not gone well. With a minute left against GW (1st half) and tonight against Richmond, it appeared we'd go into the break in better shape. Add that to the end of the GW game, and it's a bit of a troubling trend.

GMU is in it though as you stated Tom, gotta give them credit for that. Despite the rough endings of the last three halves, all in all they've been very encouraging.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We opened the second half with 3 poor offensive possessions: horrible shot by Grayer; an ill-advised 3 by Moore; and then a charge by Grayer — and Thompson picked up his 3rd foul. Fortunately, Grayer bounced back and broke the drought with a bucket. Still a close game.

Speaking of close games, GW and Davidson are in a slugfest on MASN for those who are into multitasking.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
On a nice run now. Grayer with a 3, then he scored on a great drive, Livingston nailed a 3, and Moore followed with another drive. Richmond has no idea how to defend us when we can score inside and out.

Up by 8. Need to put our foot on their throat. Come on, boys!

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
They're in foul trouble, so we need to keep penetrating like we have been and get to the line. If they collapse, then pass it back out for an open perimeter shot.

Update: GW up 10 with 3 minutes left.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With our bench, the mutual foul trouble benefits the ticks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So you're Mr. Positive on Facebook and Mr. Negative here? :cool:

Oh, wait, Grayer for 3 to give us an 11-point lead. Bring it home, fellas!
Ha! Here, I am always aware of jinx potential.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk