Game 21: George Washington University, Saturday, January 26th, 7 PM, MASN/ESPN+

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If you are in the MASN TV market, GET YOUR !&$(#*% @$$ TO THE !&$(#*% GAME!
I'm in the MASN market and it's over 2.5 hours without traffic. Which I still do when I can but you know how it is with kid's sports commitments!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the MASN market and it's over 2.5 hours without traffic. Which I still do when I can but you know how it is with kid's sports commitments!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I was just busting balls.

I used to think 2.5 hours was a long drive to go to a game... then we moved to the Midwest where the 90 minute drive to St. Louis seems like a trip next door.

Shoot, I got excited for the short drive to K-State this year and that was 6 hours. Wish I could have done the trip to Dayton again if it wasn't a weekday game.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was just busting balls.

I used to think 2.5 hours was a long drive to go to a game... then we moved to the Midwest where the 90 minute drive to St. Louis seems like a trip next door.

Shoot, I got excited for the short drive to K-State this year and that was 6 hours. Wish I could have done the trip to Dayton again if it wasn't a weekday game.

Agreed. Moving to a western state gave me a different perspective on distance. Oh, 100 miles to the next big town? No problem!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GO MASON.

_middle_MasonMadness108.jpg

8.jpg

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
GW is better than their record looks. Williams is athletic and will try to drive it on us. Nolan, Jack and Mazzulla are a decent set of young guards.

But the Colonials have the worst frontcourt in the A-10. With Toro out for the season, they have a face-up PF from Spain and a fat freshman as their two options at the 5. Not good.

Reuter and Calixte should have an absolute field day if our guys are patient and work for high-percentage shots. And Kier should be able to get to the basket at will.

Don’t be surprised if GW switches to zone if we carve up their man defense. They went zone against Duquesne and made a huge comeback, but blew a 5-point lead in the final minute and lost in OT.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
GW is better than their record looks. Williams is athletic and will try to drive it on us. Nolan, Jack and Mazzulla are a decent set of young guards.

But the Colonials have the worst frontcourt in the A-10. With Toro out for the season, they have a face-up PF from Spain and a fat freshman as their two options at the 5. Not good.

Reuter and Calixte should have an absolute field day if our guys are patient and work for high-percentage shots. And Kier should be able to get to the basket at will.

Don’t be surprised if GW switches to zone if we carve up their man defense. They went zone against Duquesne and made a huge comeback, but blew a 5-point lead in the final minute and lost in OT.
Park Kier at that elbow and let him have a field day if they go zone.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I went over to the GW forum and there is no thread for the game and it looks like activity there is really low. Did they change forums?

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Ah, Gee Dub... This game used to be something I looked forward to; shivering against the wind as I fumbled my way from the parking garage to the strong brews at Tonic, a hasty exit from the bar to the high school gym to see the game, a shameful, sinking feeling as another 20-something point deficit became a sad, final score. I was always more confused than angry. I thought we were supposed to win against these guys, right?
Year after year it was the same. I still looked forward to the break in my daily domesticated routine to slip away and booze with the boys after work, but the game itself presented me with ever-greater dread each year.
I am afraid our recent success will renew our habitual hubris against this opponent. Time will tell. Bottoms up.