Game 21: George Washington University, Saturday, January 26th, 7 PM, MASN/ESPN+

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Great game. Crowd was a good size, but a little meh. Starting getting louder towards the end. Winning will bring more consistently large crowds and eventually good noise, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Terrible game at the line, but we're lucky it was against GW and not next game. JR looked awesome, and the defense was just stifling. If we continue to play d like this, I won't be particularly concerned about any team in the A10. The movement off screens is really nice. Good communication too.

A win is a win is a win. Take it and move one. vcu is next baby.

Agreed on the crowd. When we sat down last night and looked around it was like Whoa, it could get loud tonight. But... wasn't loud at all for most of the game.

The students showed up and packed both ends but they really need to be more in to the game and vocal and cheering. My whole section kept remarking how silent and really uninvolved they are except for the Platoon and a handful of rows. That needs to change. Need to instill some school spirit in them and get them cheering consistently, stomping feet, etc.

They do put their arms up when we shoot FT's but thats about it.

The loudest it got was when the GW guy missed the 2 FT's so everyone won Chik-Fil-A. It's seriously beyond me how that one item makes everyone so hyped..... guess its the power of anything free.... especially food.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed on the crowd. When we sat down last night and looked around it was like Whoa, it could get loud tonight. But... wasn't loud at all for most of the game.

The students showed up and packed both ends but they really need to be more in to the game and vocal and cheering. My whole section kept remarking how silent and really uninvolved they are except for the Platoon and a handful of rows. That needs to change. Need to instill some school spirit in them and get them cheering consistently, stomping feet, etc.

The loudest it got was when the GW guy missed the 2 FT's so everyone won Chik-Fil-A. It's seriously beyond me how that one item makes everyone so hyped..... guess its the power of anything free.... especially food.

I told my son the jump rope girls at halftime got louder applause than our team for most of yesterday’s game. Not sure why, but I always get the sense when I stand up and make noise at a Mason game that I’m inconveniencing the people sitting on their hands around me.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Cheering, yelling, and standing are strictly verboten, especially in 115! If you do you get phone calls from Andy Ruge saying that the old folks around you are disturbed and bothered by the noise and display. One must sit with hands in laps.

I know where that comment will lead some of you.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

The funny thing with the Chic Fil A promotion is it is only good at the Fairfax Circle location (I could be wrong, but I could have sworn this has been said in the past), and I can't imagine most of the students being able to get there since it isn't walkable.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Congratulations on moving into the rarified air of posters like DJ3, PMP, and for the more veteran of us Jablomi, RR and T-Mac. Here’s your ceremonial Golden Plunger.

gold_plunger.png

Enjoy your misery. The rest of us will celebrate moving from an A-10 punching bag to sole possession of first place.

Thanks for the plug! Or plunger!!

By George.

Starter

We are actually working on starting a GiantKiller student street team (have a couple guys now) and we’re teaching them chants, providing them props etc. We’ll have a chant for DP soon. As students we went so hard at games, almost got beat up by opposing players and had to be relocated by Mason staff a couple times. We won’t fail you! Not sure if you guys saw the #FillEBA sign at the GW game but we provided them and should be doing more of that this season. The signs made it on TV, mission accomplished. We came up with that hashtag 2 seasons ago and it stuck.

Our goal, when we started, was to provide content to help build back the base. We’re now investing in the students and employing students in hopes they reach their peers.

By George.

Starter
Here is the Post Game Recap Video featuring Jarred Reuter and Otis Livingston SR. This is both of their first appearances on our show -

https://giantkiller.co/2019/01/27/george-washington-george-mason-2019-revrivalry-post-game/ (Had the wrong link before, now correct. Previously linked you to our new Womens B-ball writer’s first article.)

I asked DP why we’ve seen so much zone D recently. Watch the video to get his answer and then comment if you agree with him and/or give your own reason.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Game notes have been listing 7,860 as the maximum capacity.

There were a significant number of unfilled seats in the upper levels above the Green Machine. I'd imagine that's where most of the 1100 empty seats were.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cheering, yelling, and standing are strictly verboten, especially in 115! If you do you get phone calls from Andy Ruge saying that the old folks around you are disturbed and bothered by the noise and display. One must sit with hands in laps.

I know where that comment will lead some of you.
“But, your honor, Andy told me I could do that as long as I didn’t yell or stand up”