Game 21: #18 Virginia Commonwealth University, Wednesday, February 4th, 7 PM, CBS SN

sigmanorm

Starter
vcu is coming in after a loss at home and loss of a huge part of their defemse.
Jalen Jenkins hit a 75 ft shot with time expiring to make the score...

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://forums.vcuramnation.com/threads/the-official-beat-the-goomoos-in-fairfax-thread.14535/page-3:

"Mason will be without Jr Patrick Holloway who is out with a blood issue (not sure what, exactly)

The Pats are WOEFUL from 3....only hitting 80 so far this year
Very weak guard play....last in the A10 in assists, not great in turnovers, you get the point.

They ARE strong in the blocks and rebound well

That being said, even without Bri the Rams should win this one going away.:

Half-baked Mcbride, Today at 11:50 AM

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
While you have to love Weber's hustle, it should be noted that vcu was leading 71-57 with 46 seconds remaining in the game.

The same vcu fans who slurped Weber's nuts for that play -- and for undercutting Holloway on meaningless layup at the buzzer in the same game -- were the ones bitching when Nelson-Ododa threw down a big FU! dunk in the closing seconds of Richmond's win on Saturday.

When it comes to "playing hard for 40 minutes," the Lambs don't appear to enjoy the taste of their own medicine.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm getting a good chuckle out of the page after page of posts in which the grieving Lambs extol Weber's "character" ... which he demonstrated, I suppose, by being good at basketball?

Never mind that he thought it was appropriate to take property that didn't belong to him. Great character. Gotcha.

Hope he studied hard and majored in something other than basketball. Even with a degree from vcu, they don't let just anybody ask if you'd like to "super size" your fries these days.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't have a problem with Weber's play, just taking advantage of losing Hewitt ball. The vcu fans oughta be able to deal with an FU dunk though, they've been on the other end plenty of times.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Objectively, I thought the Weber play on the roll-in was awesome, and I wish more college basketball players were aware enough to seize opportunities like that. He was a fun player to watch on the court (when he wasn't playing Mason).

I'm not going to criticize his character because I don't know enough about him other than the one incident that got publicity, but I did think he should have been suspended between 4 and 10 games for the theft.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Anyone want to predict how much of an underdog we will be?

Rpiforecast, which as you know is computer-based and past performance oriented, has us as 11 pt underdogs. I too am curious as to how vegas will account for the loss of Weber in setting the opening line.

Davidson covered against us by forcing overtime despite the loss of their best player.

http://forums.vcuramnation.com/threads/the-official-beat-the-goomoos-in-fairfax-thread.14535/page-3:

"Mason will be without Jr Patrick Holloway who is out with a blood issue (not sure what, exactly)

The Pats are WOEFUL from 3....only hitting 80 so far this year
Very weak guard play....last in the A10 in assists, not great in turnovers, you get the point.

They ARE strong in the blocks and rebound well

That being said, even without Bri the Rams should win this one going away.:

Half-baked Mcbride, Today at 11:50 AM

Boy, wont they be surprised when Holloway plays Wednesday night....

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm certainly likely to be wrong, but I think Mason wins this game. Here are a few reasons why this could be possible:

- We start 2 PGs. Moore did well last year handling their pressure and honestly "live ball" turnovers have not been our biggest problem this year.
- vcu's pressure and gambling should allow for our inside guys to be able to put up some numbers. No collapsing or doubling down should give Shevon/Jalen/Royal some chances to score.
- I don't see vcu or Shaka moping or feeling sorry for themselves after their thief got hurt, but there could well be a few guys who try to play hero ball to make up for his absence. Maybe we get them at a good time.
- This is our Superbowl. Duquesne on the road on short rest, our guys aren't that interested, but playing these ranked a-holes at home should fire our guys up. Also, since 32-4, Hewitt has actually coached ok against them.
- Perhaps my biggest reason is the mixed emotions it will give to most of the people on this board. Yes, it's nice to see those artsy freaks lose, but does it give Hewitt a glimmer of hope if he beats a ranked team shorthanded? Probably not, but maybe.

Again, I could certainly be wrong, especially since Hewitt has not won a big home game in 2 years, but just call it a hunch.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
99-Hope you're right. We could use a positive outcome. My wife has already opted out of going to this one.

Anyone want to drive down to Fredericksburg with me and hang out in front of the old gas station off 95 and tell vcu fans they are "Dooommmed, doooomed, I tells ya!"

Then put on haunted ghost outfits when we get back to Fairfax and chase them around the Patriot Center while old Monkees-like tunes play in the background?

Or just meet up at Brion's for a few beers?

Larry Sanders is the NBA version of Ricky Williams. Total dipshit

"Please. Spit your poison out. You don't have to keep it in. Judge me instead of looking in the mirror. I just pray you find a way."

"If your alive you has an opinion. Congratulations your conscious. But is it yours or was it given to you?"

Deep Larry Sanders (or, 'Nappy Gilmore') responds to Tweeder on Twitter.