Game 20: George Washington University, Jan 25th, Noon, NBCSN

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Sure...because it would make perfect sense for him to transfer and lose a year of playing time.

Did you forget he already burned the RS season? Get a clue.

Never know with the NCAA ... Jalen's grandma could conveniently get sick and he'd get to transfer closer to home without sitting out a season.

We need to surround him with more players that have the same talent, passion and energy so he doesn't feel like a lone wolf out there.

Masonfan3

Starter
Nice game for Johnny Williams today - 18 points on 6 of 9 shooting and 7 boards.

Yea it was good to see that. Johnny has a pretty good offensive game if he decides to be aggressive and stays out of foul trouble. Problem is that doesn't happen very often. Hopefully this will get him going but I thought the same thing after the St. Mary's game...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
GW has probably the best front line in the A-10, and interestingly we held our own there today. Between JJ's 13 and J2's 18, we managed not to get completely dominated by Armwood and Larson even with a big fat zippo from Copes.

Strangely, our guards were no match for theirs, even without Savage.

Creek and McDonald made Allen and Wright look like D2 players today.

Either way, it all adds up to the same thing.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think for all of our benefits we need to hope to go all out and lose - that way it increases the chance for a new coach. I like to compare us to GW in the last year of Hobbes. He crashed that program and they came back with Lonergan. I am hoping that is how it plays out for us.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think for all of our benefits we need to hope to go all out and lose - that way it increases the chance for a new coach.

Watch out, Pikapp. When I offered the same comment here earlier this season, Tom jumped me like I had stolen something.

Maybe being winless in the A-10 has brought him over to our way of thinking.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Watch out, Pikapp. When I offered the same comment here earlier this season, Tom jumped me like I had stolen something.

Maybe being winless in the A-10 has brought him over to our way of thinking.

Not a chance, Jim. Why either of you would root against your alma mater is beyond me. I want us to have a winning program again as much as anybody, but I'll never pull for us not to win. I guess we're just wired differently. If we shit the bed and Hewitt gets fired, I'm completely on board with that. I'm just not going to hope we lose. Sorry.

Dawgs99

Starter
Really can't stand Hewitt during the pressers, it truly seems like he doesn't care. Broken record of heaping praise on the other team and making light of our inability to make lay ups. How about our terrible defense? How about of lack on any cock and balls? This team has def. taken on his laid back, some might call it aloof demeanor.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Not a chance, Jim. Why either of you would root against your alma mater is beyond me. I want us to have a winning program again as much as anybody, but I'll never pull for us not to win. I guess we're just wired differently. If we shit the bed and Hewitt gets fired, I'm completely on board with that. I'm just not going to hope we lose. Sorry.

Tom, you do realize that "pulling" for your team to win has no effect on the actual outcome, right?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I was jus' messin' witcha Tom.

At the same time, as a longtime Wizards fan, part of me feels like the worst possible thing is to just be consistently mediocre -- never really good, but rarely bad enough to cause the type of soul-searching that results in substantive changes.

I still root for us to win. But I'm not ashamed to console myself with the knowledge that every loss should bring us just that much closer to a new coach and a chance to get the program turned back in the right direction.

polepino

Starter
"We're better than this"? WTF? Paul Hewitt is clueless.

I'll have to go against the grain of frustration to say that, I think anyway, the team is better than the record shows. I'll have to agree with Hewitt's statement of "we're better than this." Despite the dumb turnovers and lack of offensive cohesion we are still IN most of the games that we play. It's not like teams are blowing us out every time. These players have the potential(that's the figurative word here) to play smarter and play better.

What draws my ire is that its just getting ridiculous that Hewitt hasn't found a way to coach these guys into a better team! How do we play ourselves out of every game and why!? If he needs to go back to teaching basic basketball skills why hasn't he? Is he too high minded to think that lack of fundamentals are causing a lot of problems? It's just sad and could be a sign that he came back to coaching too early after he left GT and his problems there.

"Assists are overrated." -- P. Hewitt

Did he really say that? I get everyones frustration but MAN that would be ridiculous if he actuall did. WOW! I suck at sarcasm sometimes though haha

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Tom let me be clear I do not root against Mason or bad mouth my alma mater - my heart and money go to Mason. However, Per the previous post - I would have one of two things - winning consistently and beautifully - or sucking real bad so changes are made. Hangin in the middle and not doing anything great or shitty - just turns into a long grinding ball busting ride of despair.

I hope one of two things - Hewitt finds the magic sauce and gets the team on track or we bring in a new young fire breathing ball busting coach who turns the ship around.

Gliding in the dream land of comfortable mediocrity is not my choice.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Its funny to sit in the games, and know what is going to happen every single time. To know youll put up some resistance and maybe lead even in the first half, and then when the opposing team comes out with their adjustments....we get to watch it just 100% baffle Hewitt and our players.

It is pretty sad when you can predict the game. I told my guests before the game the script of how the game would unfold, and they were amazed that I predicted the exact halftime margin, and I was about 30 seconds off on our second half melt down. Only thing I missed is that we would make a little bit more of a comeback.