Game 2: Princeton University, Sunday Nov 16th, 1 PM, NO TV

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I think a number of folks are reading Edwards reactions the wrong way. This weekend I've seen the guy loving being the new BMOC, posing for pictures, kissing babies and shaking every hand he can. Most of the second half he sat behind the bench cheering us on and when we finally won he was the first to greet Hewitt coming off the court to shake his hand and congratulate him. Didn't seem like any tension or angst at all to me.

I think it's a little early to try and augur Hewitt's future based on Edwards' reactions in the second game of the season. He's an experienced AD and didn't hire Paul Ball, nor did the current University President. If this team goes through their A-10 schedule playing like a squad that loses to Cornell and squeaks by Princeton, I can't fathom him keeping Hewitt any longer.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Five Two,

I respectfully disagree with you on this! Once Jenkins made the first FT for a 4-point lead, you pull the other players back while he shoots what should be a meaningless 2nd FT.
I agree with you- that's what Hewitt should have done. Even though he didn't, Thompson has to know not to go near anyone in a Princeton uniform.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I agree with you- that's what Hewitt should have done. Even though he didn't, Thompson has to know not to go near anyone in a Princeton uniform.

I assume that Thompson understands this now. But, it's unacceptable that a college coach like Hewitt made such a mistake. And, this again demonstrates why he needs a good assistant so that he makes the correct fundamental move in this situation.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I assume that Thompson understands this now. But, it's unacceptable that a college coach like Hewitt made such a mistake. And, this again demonstrates why he needs to have his a** fired as soon as realistically possible.

FTFY, Pablo.

Harry

Starter
[QUOTE=" What I wouldn't give for a post player who had any moves down low. Thanks for developing one GMU coaches.[/QUOTE]
Shevon is not doing a bad imitation of post player with moves. At least against Princeton, Hewitt left him in (and Holloway, and in general did not seem to experiment as much).

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
[QUOTE=" What I wouldn't give for a post player who had any moves down low. Thanks for developing one GMU coaches.
Shevon is not doing a bad imitation of post player with moves. At least against Princeton, Hewitt left him in (and Holloway, and in general did not seem to experiment as much).[/QUOTE]

I have to admit - Shevon showed me something last game. He wowed me with a couple of his moves early on.