Game 2: GMU (1-0) vs Penn (0-1) on Friday, November 12, at 7 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Solid bet.

I was doing genre analysis and placing genres in their historical context and did an experiment to see if they knew any of the big TV shows from their parents’ generation. And pretty much zero (Fresh Prince was about it). Was even scarier when I went back to the early 80s and 70s.

But that’s what streaming does.

If you guys want to know I can ask on Monday and see. Unscientific poll of about 75 students.
The Mod Squad? Julia? Room 222?
The Mother's In-Law? The Honeymooners? Milton Berle?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Solid bet.

I was doing genre analysis and placing genres in their historical context and did an experiment to see if they knew any of the big TV shows from their parents’ generation. And pretty much zero (Fresh Prince was about it). Was even scarier when I went back to the early 80s and 70s.

But that’s what streaming does.

If you guys want to know I can ask on Monday and see. Unscientific poll of about 75 students.
Yes, please. That would be very interesting.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A lot of older TV series were binged during the pandemic, so you might have better luck explaining to students that Phil is married to Marlo Thomas, who played Jennifer Aniston's mother on Friends.
Friends?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Was thinking about Oduro switching at the top of the key leaving Hartwell on the big. This will look at lot different when it is Frazier out there playing the 2 (I’m going to guess we see a lot less of XJ/Polite and Hartwell on the floor together once everyone is healthy and available
Agree completely, it was obvious the rotation was a couple bodies short against SB. We’re much longer, more athletic and better defensively with Otis … gotta believe he will be first off the bench unless Oduro gets in early foul trouble and Malik has to come in at the 5.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agree completely, it was obvious the rotation was a couple bodies short against SB. We’re much longer, more athletic and better defensively with Otis … gotta believe he will be first off the bench unless Oduro gets in early foul trouble and Malik has to come in at the 5.
Y’all hype OTis after two good games in an entire season way too much.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I understand the skepticism but the staff is actually pretty high on him. Combine that with the fact that somehow we don't bring any wings off the bench when he's hurt, just three guys that are 5'9", 6'9", and 6'10", and he figures to play an important role this year.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I think it has more to do with the offseason and how he was being featured in practice?

I have no idea how many minutes he'll play or how good he'll be, I just think that with him and Polite available, you'll not have to play Hartwell as a primary SG off the bench.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think it has more to do with the offseason and how he was being featured in practice?

I have no idea how many minutes he'll play or how good he'll be, I just think that with him and Polite available, you'll not have to play Hartwell as a primary SG off the bench.
Which is a good thing. I wonder if coach was just trying to keep Hartwell's confidence up with all the "100 shots" per game stuff. I just don't think he's very good.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

I like that Hartwell's defense has improved. As he showed last year, when he is hot, he can win games. When he is cold, he probably needs to sit it out.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Which is a good thing. I wonder if coach was just trying to keep Hartwell's confidence up with all the "100 shots" per game stuff. I just don't think he's very good.

His defense was more active than last season where he had zero ability to keep in front of anyone. And after a rough first half (his first shot off the bench came out way too hot), his shots in the second half looked much better. As the 8th/9th player in the rotation I think he'll be fine.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
And Marlo Thomas is the daughter of Danny Thomas who had his own show in the early 1960s
Now THAT I did know. Seriously, I've heard of Friends but never saw one episode. Same with The Simpsons. And lots of others.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
His defense was more active than last season where he had zero ability to keep in front of anyone. And after a rough first half (his first shot off the bench came out way too hot), his shots in the second half looked much better. As the 8th/9th player in the rotation I think he'll be fine.
Cool. Hope you're right!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I understand the skepticism but the staff is actually pretty high on him. Combine that with the fact that somehow we don't bring any wings off the bench when he's hurt, just three guys that are 5'9", 6'9", and 6'10", and he figures to play an important role this year.
And having him available means everybody behind him in the rotation gets bumped down by one spot, which in theory should mean our better players are playing most of the minutes. Can’t see how that’s a bad thing.