Game 19: GMU (11-7 / 4-1) vs St. Louis (14-6 / 5-2) on Wednesday, February 2, at 7PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hard stretch of the schedule begins tomorrow night. 3 of the next 4 and 6 of the next 10 all against teams in the top half of the A10.

SLU
Richmond x2
vcu x2
Davidson

Friend reminded me of how a few years ago Mason was 7-1 and ended up 11-7, and a 5 seed. Let’s hope that they keep up the good play against the upper echelon of programs.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Friend reminded me of how a few years ago Mason was 7-1 and ended up 11-7, and a 5 seed. Let’s hope that they keep up the good play against the upper echelon of programs.
If I remember right we had a devastating loss at Lasalle towards the end when we were right on the edge of 4th/5th

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep, I remember that.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nah they beat Lasalle. They lost to vcu by like 30 on senior night though

They still had a game after that against GW that they won (Otis finally getting that monkey off his back) to get to 11-7.

The year before that they finished 9-9 after losing to a mediocre Richmond team at home. Going 10-8 would have meant a top 4 finish because they owned the tiebreaker over st. Joes.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was that the game that started something like 30-2 vcu?

No. It was a super low scoring game to star. Both teams playing real hard nosed defense. I think Mason held vcu to under 10 points for like the first 12 minutes. Mason just could not score and if you can’t score against the press you’re just asking for vcu to go on a big run and that’s what happened. One, two possession game with 2:00 left in the first half turned into a gross run by vcu and then the second half was just depressing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No. It was a super low scoring game to star. Both teams playing real hard nosed defense. I think Mason held vcu to under 10 points for like the first 12 minutes. Mason just could not score and if you can’t score against the press you’re just asking for vcu to go on a big run and that’s what happened. One, two possession game with 2:00 left in the first half turned into a gross run by vcu and then the second half was just depressing.
Good memory- I remember messaging @gmujim92 and going "I think we have a problem and Dave is over is head" after that game. There was a clear difference in the type of talent and coaching we had compared to them.

Anyway, big game coming up. Have to think a win over SLU propels Mason into the top 75 in NET.