Game 18: GMU (10-7 / 3-1) at UMass (9-10 / 2-5) on Sunday, January 30, at 2 PM.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We smoked the Bonnies press…in crunch time.
We used 3 timeouts in 13 secs because we couldn’t get the ball in. Huh? I’m positive penny with this team but don’t lie that we are good at beating presses lol. Part of beating a press is the ability to get the ball in bounds

By George.

Starter
We used 3 timeouts in 13 secs because we couldn’t get the ball in. Huh? I’m positive penny with this team but don’t lie that we are good at beating presses lol. Part of beating a press is the ability to get the ball in bounds

We also got 2 break away dunk explanation points.

We are also good against a trailing defense, leave our shooters open and pay the price. I’m not scared of vcu.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We also got 2 break away dunk explanation points.

We are also good against a trailing defense, leave our shooters open and pay the price. I’m not scared of vcu.
We have to step on teams throat. Up 20 and ended the game sloppy. It's the small stuff.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Did we win yesterday? I have a hard time figuring it out after reading these posts.
You love pulling that one. We can be objective that they need to work on press breaking. I don’t see the harm in saying that was a weak spot yet again yesterday in the win.

People also can’t just make things up that we are good at it without being called out.

I agree with the old guys. Need to break the press or we will falter against a team that runs it all game

By George.

Starter
You love pulling that one. We can be objective that they need to work on press breaking. I don’t see the harm in saying that was a weak spot yet again yesterday in the win.

People also can’t just make things up that we are good at it without being called out.

I agree with the old guys. Need to break the press or we will falter against a team that runs it all game
You love misleading…

I didn’t say we are good, I disagreed that vcu would eat our lunch and then said we have good passing and multiple guys who bring the ball up.

Attachments

• B727435A-5753-42BF-8BAB-CE5D5586B64D.jpeg
    B727435A-5753-42BF-8BAB-CE5D5586B64D.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 275

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You love misleading…

I didn’t say we are good, I disagreed that vcu would eat our lunch and then said we have good passing and multiple guys who bring the ball up.
You just said “we smoked the Bonnie’s press”

We have had Oduro bring the ball up due to XJ and Cooper have an inability to get open for Ticket inbounding the ball. I would say that’s an issue. Look at the Dayton and St Joes games specifically. vcu is a greater threat than both of them defensively.

All I’m saying is the overconfidence in beating the press isn’t really the thing to cap for. I think we beat vcu as well but it certainly won’t because we dominate their press

Mason32

Starter
Did we win yesterday? I have a hard time figuring it out after reading these posts.

UMass didn't have their best player.

Oduro's basketball IQ seems to come and go

They still can't break a press and we play much better teams in shorter plans from now til the end of the season.

Positive: Maybe Polite isn't totally awful

Last edited:

By George.

Starter

We have had Oduro bring the ball up due to XJ and Cooper have an inability to get open for Ticket inbounding the ball. I would say that’s an issue. Look at the Dayton and St Joes games specifically. vcu is a greater threat than both of them defensively.

All I’m saying is the overconfidence in beating the press isn’t really the thing to cap for. I think we beat vcu as well but it certainly won’t because we dominate their press

I’ll go back and watch. I must admit I’m losing a step, but an and 1 dunk to break the press and almost secure the win is a smoke job in my eyes.

You want your team calling timeouts to discuss the play. But yes, inbounding the ball has been a struggle. What you do once you get passed half court is where I think we’ll shine. We get open and let it fly.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ll go back and watch. I must admit I’m losing a step, but an and 1 dunk to break the press and almost secure the win is a smoke job in my eyes.

You want your team calling timeouts to discuss the play. But yes, inbounding the ball has been a struggle. What you do once you get passed half court is where I think we’ll shine. We get open and let it fly.
If you get passed at half court, you're in trouble. If you get past half court, you're in business.:cool:

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Do we also have the postgame tape for McCall or KE after the game? I cannot find it anywhere.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

agreed, when they break the press it will give us an open 3 or dunk. They have used 9 timeouts in 4 games trying to inbound the ball to beat a press. that is BAD. the guards need to get open. neither XJ or Coop seem to be super aggressive or physical when Ticket is begging someone to get open down the stretch

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
agreed, when they break the press it will give us an open 3 or dunk. They have used 9 timeouts in 4 games trying to inbound the ball to beat a press. that is BAD. the guards need to get open. neither XJ or Coop seem to be super aggressive or physical when Ticket is begging someone to get open down the stretch

They obviously need to improve this area before it bites them, but at the very least it hasn't impacted any game result yet. I have to think this will get addressed because this could be one of those things that a staff throws at Mason mid game and helps get the other team on a big run or something.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They obviously need to improve this area before it bites them, but at the very least it hasn't impacted any game result yet. I have to think this will get addressed because this could be one of those things that a staff throws at Mason mid game and helps get the other team on a big run or something.
it hasn't impacted wins and losses but it has turned easy 10 pt wins into 3 pt wins. that is not a good sign

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Having your big help break a press isn’t a weakness. We used to use Will Thomas. ODU would use Gerald Lee. Maybe the weakness is in not embracing that and just making it part of the plan?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is basically a brand new team. For KE to put together this team and do as well as they are is just absolutely incredible at this point.

3 new starters that never played with each other come in and have us tied for first place in the A-10.

This team is performing like a group that has played together for years. And that does not happen without some fantastic coaching. And I’m not just talking motivating players and being that “RAH RAH” kind of coach. KE has turned out be a fantastic Xs and Os guy.

And unlike DP, the assistant coaches are heavily involved with strategy, guidance and input. He is the youngest coach on the staff but he seems to be a great leader of not only players but coaches as well.

Kim English was BORN to be a coach.