Game 18: GMU (10-7 / 3-1) at UMass (9-10 / 2-5) on Sunday, January 30, at 2 PM.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just busting chops. The game ended up a 10 point win but it wasn’t close and the guys stopped playing the last few minutes. Henry missed a few of the free throws but otherwise he was very good In extended action as was Otis Frazier. Good to see that they could win even though Oduro was less of a factor today.
I understand that you were... it's just the FTs are getting to me. If it's a close game vs VCewww and we have to make our FTs to win... I'm nervous as hell

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This team is legit. So fun to watch. Another great example of next man up today. Oduro quiet and taken out early with foul trouble and we just went right at them. This UMASS team is pretty bad even with Fernandez so glad to see us keep up the intensity for most of this one.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, I'll be the turd in the punch bowl, but this is what I mean:

A10 play FT shooting by Mason:

GW game -- 63.2%
Dayton game -- 54.5%
St. Joseph's game -- 75%
St. Bonaventure -- 72.7%
UMASS game -- 50%

Now you'll say, hey, a wins a win! We're 2nd place! We've beaten all those teams besides GW, which we should have won.

Well yeah... but I would like to stay there at the top. If it's a close game against top A10 teams... especially as we head toward tournament time and fight to get a top 4 seed and byes... I want FTs to be made. 63% avg isn't good

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

GW game -- 63.2%
Dayton game -- 54.5%
St. Joseph's game -- 75%
St. Bonaventure -- 72.7%
UMASS game -- 50%

Now you'll say, hey, a wins a win! We're 2nd place! We've beaten all those teams besides GW, which we should have won.

Well yeah... but I would like to stay there at the top. If it's a close game against top A10 teams... especially as we head toward tournament time and fight to get a top 4 seed and byes... I want FTs to be made. 63% avg isn't good
Absolutely agree on the FTs.
And whoever said vcu is going to eat us alive with the press is right...I fear.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

GW game -- 63.2%
Dayton game -- 54.5%
St. Joseph's game -- 75%
St. Bonaventure -- 72.7%
UMASS game -- 50%

You aren’t wrong and it does need to be improved. However 5 of the free throw misses were from Henry and Frazier. The rest of the guys were 10 of 15 which is 67 percent.

Hopefully if those guys get some more minutes they can improve their percentages. Josh was also 0-2 which is unlike him as he’s been much improved as well.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you're interested, the UMass Athletics Hall of Fame is located on the third floor of the Mullins Center - https://umassathletics.com/honors/hall-of-fame
Thanks for the tip. Didn’t make the UMass HOF, but went to the Naismith Basketball HOF this morning. Nice place with some cool memorabilia. Even have a letter/audio track from Kobe saying goodbye to basketball. Kind of prophetic in a sad way, but cool nonetheless.

Here I am about to put the two handed jam down. Just don’t ask what height the rim was set to.

Attachments

• 8CC04FD7-46B3-449C-9545-6EF0C18D7054.jpeg
    8CC04FD7-46B3-449C-9545-6EF0C18D7054.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 333

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nobody that matters has a bad free throw stroke (XJ maybe). Coop, Ticket and Schwartz will continue to improve at the stripe
I wasn't talking about FTs, I was referencing GSII's comment about us breaking the press.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Just noticed that the gomason box score lists a +/- column. Hadn't realized that they were doing that.

Interesting....Otis was the highest (+18) followed by Ticket (+11) and Polite (+9).
Josh the lowest (-9). Biggest surprise for me was that Schwartz was only a +1. I think the starters' numbers took a hit from being in the game when we went from a 22 pt lead to only winning by 10.