Game 18: Davidson College, Saturday, Jan 24th, 7 PM, NO TV

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
First of all, Davidson has never been to the final four, and their success post-Curry, is less than our success post-2006 (the fact that they went to the Elite 8 in 1968 and 1969 really doesn't matter one iota), so no they don't.

Secondly, most basketball teams who have been around longer than us have a better historical pedigree than we do.

I'm not sure how 2 Elite Eights in '68 and '69 don't count? 4 Sweet Sixteens in '64, '68, '69 and '08. 12 NCAA Tourney appearances with 8 of those coming since '86. 12 Conference Tourney Titles with 8 of those coming since '86. Finally, 23 Regular Season Conference Championships with 13 of those coming since 1996.

OK. G Mas made one whole Final Four.

DAVs pedigree is quite impressive however. Not a knock on G Mas, necessarily. Just is what it is.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not sure how 2 Elite Eights in '68 and '69 don't count? 4 Sweet Sixteens in '64, '68, '69 and '08. 12 NCAA Tourney appearances with 8 of those coming since '86. 12 Conference Tourney Titles with 8 of those coming since '86. Finally, 23 Regular Season Conference Championships with 13 of those coming since 1996.

OK. G Mas made one whole Final Four.

DAVs pedigree is quite impressive however. Not a knock on G Mas, necessarily. Just is what it is.

Every time you post, you make it more and more obvious that you are a troll ... and not even a particularly good one at that.

If you're gonna continue to post here, at least try to bring some humor or photos of your "girlfriend."

What is the line?

Very tough game to bet. Davidson might be prone for a small letdown on the road, and hell, our perimeter defense might be better with PH out.

But seriously leaning toward going hard on Davidson.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Davidson, where OCM coached under Terry Holland before both went to UVA. Great people make great things happen. Currently, Mason doesnt have great people in its AD. Take notice and save your money. There is no reason to support a program that settles for poor performance from its self proclaimed flagship sport. The players wont lose anything especially now since the Ncaa allows the schools to give them all u can eat access. Prob why Copes quit, btw.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
[QUOTE="GMUgemini, post: 30735, member: 9"

And look, if vcu and ODU didn't become as strong as they did at the same time we got strong, we probably would have become the Gonzaga of the East we were looking for. Just look at the semifinal and final losses post-2006 in the CAA, they are pretty much all vcu: 2007 (vcu finals), 2009 (vcu finals) 2010 (vcu quarterfinals), 2011 (vcu semifinals)...[/QUOTE]

I blame the refs screwing Drexel and giving vcu the game.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I remember when playing a game this late in January meant that the students were back and we could expect a good turnout. ah, memories.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ob-mckillop-wildcats-stephen-curry-belk-arena:

"In 2007, when Steph Curry was a freshman, he tortured Maryland with 30 points before fouling out, which helped the Terps to survive.

'He was obviously spectacular, the way he could get his shots off,' Williams told Sporting News. 'Plus he was a really good passer. We found that out as we tried to double-team.'

'He was kind of the exception for Bob McKillop as coach. I think Bob’s strength was to take whatever he could get into school at Davidson—and I’m sure they have tougher standards than most places—and make them into a successful team. I was always amazed he could be competitive against teams that probably had better players. I think he did two things: He created a team environment where guys were willing to be unselfish, sacrifice and be a complete team. And he improved the players. They’re always getting better. '”

Davidson, where OCM coached under Terry Holland before both went to UVA. Great people make great things happen. Currently, Mason doesnt have great people in its AD. Take notice and save your money. There is no reason to support a program that settles for poor performance from its self proclaimed flagship sport. The players wont lose anything especially now since the Ncaa allows the schools to give them all u can eat access. Prob why Copes quit, btw.

Don't kill all the people in the AD's office. Some do their jobs quite well, you just don't really hear about them.

Copes didn't quit.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Every time you post, you make it more and more obvious that you are a troll ... and not even a particularly good one at that.

If you're gonna continue to post here, at least try to bring some humor or photos of your "girlfriend."

Dude. Was just trying to state that DAV has a pretty impressive basketball history is all. Just because I don't have "GMU" in my name doesn't mean I'm not affiliated with G Mas.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Dude. Was just trying to state that DAV has a pretty impressive basketball history is all. Just because I don't have "GMU" in my name doesn't mean I'm not affiliated with G Mas.

Username has nothing to do with it.

There are plenty of loyal Mason fans here who are sick about what has happened to our program and express it on a regular basis -- to the point that this board has basically become an exercise in self-loathing.

And yet, it's obvious that you're not a Mason fan.

So again, if you're gonna troll, please bring something more interesting than G Mas. Your shtick is beyond tired.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Here's one her tacking Jameis Winston

tumblr_nhkhzdsfrR1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Pablo

Hall of Famer
D-I Statistical Rankings Through 1/20/15:

Assist/Turnover Ratio:

Davidson -1st (1.71)
Mason - 308th (0.74)

3-Pt. FG's Per Game:

Davidson - 4th (10.7)
Mason - 335th (3.9)

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Username has nothing to do with it.

There are plenty of loyal Mason fans here who are sick about what has happened to our program and express it on a regular basis -- to the point that this board has basically become an exercise in self-loathing.

And yet, it's obvious that you're not a Mason fan.

So again, if you're gonna troll, please bring something more interesting than G Mas. Your shtick is beyond tired.

Jim,

Why do you waste your time responding to him? Has he ever posted anything positive about the program?