Game 18: Davidson College, Saturday, Jan 24th, 7 PM, NO TV

I completely agree that the play should not have been designed for Jenkins if it was, but I think the bigger issue is that we are not a very good FT shooting team overall (9th in the A10). Believe it or not, we actually have several players who shoot worse than Jenkins.

Moore (78%), Jackson (70%), Edwards (69%) and Porter (65%) are respectable, but then the drop off is very steep with Royal, Thompson and Jenkins being in the 50-60% range. Inexplicably, Gray is the lowest at 35%.

It is kind of strange that they guy with the funkiest stroke (Moore ) is the best FT shooter on the team. Go figure.

True. In fact, somebody asked me, "well, who DO we want in that situation?"

I thought and said, "Good Lord. I don't know." Surprised to learn Moore is that high at 78%--that was most people's choice. I guess him.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I completely agree that the play should not have been designed for Jenkins if it was, but I think the bigger issue is that we are not a very good FT shooting team overall (9th in the A10). Believe it or not, we actually have several players who shoot worse than Jenkins.

Moore (78%), Jackson (70%), Edwards (69%) and Porter (65%) are respectable, but then the drop off is very steep with Royal, Thompson and Jenkins being in the 50-60% range. Inexplicably, Gray is the lowest at 35%.

It is kind of strange that they guy with the funkiest stroke (Moore ) is the best FT shooter on the team. Go figure.

Moore seems to have an affinity for the free throw line jumper so makes sense hes a decent ft shooter. With how hideous his shot is, seems he has the most confidence straight on with the basket.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=20326&sid=afcd9f8409c547eb4468f7399a82317b:

gopher49

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:48 pm Post subject:
kevin mcmahon wrote:
I don't know much about Hewitt, I like him in the interview.

"I liked him except for the stretch where he seemed to be throwing his players under the bus. That was the part where he talked about them not doing what they practiced, or words to that effect. That comment sounds authentic coming from a player, like T$ after the Richmond debacle. It has a different edge when it comes from the coach."

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Excellent point. How long is left on five two's contract anyway? I think this child needs to start interviewing for other Dads.
The boss (my wife) was interviewed by the Kensington Times after the game saying that Wii Basketball is the side entrance to our house. She is happy that none of my kids get into serious trouble and have decent grades. It doesn't matter to her that nobody wants to come over to the house anymore.......

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
My brother was at the game. I guess he did see one fan with a paper bag over his head.

I'll be at the St. Joe's game which is on MASN. Got tickets in the 2nd row under a basket, right next to GMU's bench. Should get plenty of TV time. Do I go with the paper bag or the GMU baseball cap? I guess the next few games will determine that.

Consider that a threat Hewitt! Win a game before then or I'm paper bagging it right next to your bench.

I almost typed beat St. Louis and Duquesne in the next two, but I was basically too chickenshit.

I've never worn a paperbag to a sporting event.

Just get a basic shirt made up like this:

hewitt.png

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I just watched the entire press conference. Hewitt said the official didn't want to give Tate a foul when he tried to foul someone, and didn't blame the official for not calling anything.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I honestly am not that upset that we did not foul. It was a low percentage shot and I like seeing games end on a last second shot instead of a foul. Sucks that we lost but there is potential good to be found in any loss this season.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Dwayne Gladden (the ref involved) is not a very good ref, and I overheard him make some very disrespectful comments to Hewitt at a game 2 years ago after Gladden blew a call. But I agree, you can't blame the ref. He's not going to give you a cheap foul there. You have to make it convincing and force him to blow the whistle. The real problem is if Tate was the only one who made an attempt.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gamer from the Charlotte Observer:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/01/24/5469785/wildcats-rally-to-ot-road-win.html#.VMaany73j9o

Every fan in green and gold, Brian. Every last one. :bagoverhead:

With 20 seconds, no one. Once the free throws were missed quite a few more. Once Sullivan hit the three yep...anyone who follows the green and gold closely knew it was a loss. I was too pissed off to watch overtime. I came back to my computer screen with a couple minutes left to see how much GMU was down by.