Game 17, UMass, Jan 15th, 7 PM, MASN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
As of this posting, UMass is 19th ranked in the AP and USA Today polls. The game will also be on SNY and NESN+.

UMass has a 14-1 record and beat St. Joe's by a score of 66-62 on Jan. 8th in Amherst, MA. They beat St. Bonaventure 73-68 in Amherst as well. Their only loss was to Florida State 60-55.

Chaz Williams (Hofstra transfer) is averaging 15.4 ppg, Cady Lalanne is averaging 13.3 ppg/9.0 rpg, Sampson Carter is averaging 11.6 ppg, Raphiael Putney is averaging 11.0 ppg.

Stats can be found here: http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/teamcume.html

Their message board can be found here: http://umasshoops.com/board/

And here: http://umasshoops.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=13652

Should Mason pull the upset, do you think the floor will be rushed, or attempted to be rushed?

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
OK, I was hoping G Mas would beat UMass, but if I have to worry about witnessing a gay court storming then forget it...

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone know the last time Mason hosted a Top 25 team at home? I can't remember in my 10+ years of fandom ever having a top 25 team come in.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
They have a stud post player and a stud PG. We're screwed. Jenkins will have another solid game and Allen will get his 20 points, but still have some mind boggling plays along the way.

UMass: 74
GMU: 62

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
UMass 88
G Mas 66
Final

G Mas just doesn't have the talent/toughness to compete.

sigmanorm

Starter
4 point lead at half (37-33) and lose 69 - 58. I hate to say it, but that just seems to be what we do. Hope I am wrong.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
we will get our a** kicked this game. Kellog is from the OCM tree as he was an assitant here for several years. I'm sure he'll lay it on us. The 30 pt loss we thought vcu would give us is coming wed.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
we will get our a** kicked this game. Kellog is from the OCM tree as he was an assitant here for several years. I'm sure he'll lay it on us. The 30 pt loss we thought vcu would give us is coming wed.

Why do I get the feeling you are rooting for this to happen? We all get you hated the hire, Hewitt sucks, you love Coach L, blah, blah, blah. It's obvious you're not happy unless you're unhappy, but try supporting your team even if you hate our coach.

Cue yet another Hewitt rant in 3...2...

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
How well versed is he in bird law?

Well as you're probably aware, The Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 makes it illegal to capture, possess, or kill many species of birds, including hummingbirds, without a permit. Contrary to popular belief, it also applies to gulls, as gulls are also protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I don't think it's going to be that bad. They are prone to lapses just like we are and go as Chaz goes. Of I were Hewitt I would start our own Mighty Mouse, who won't be giving up any size to Williams and is our best on ball defender anyway.

We will probably lose, but it'll be a close game until they pull away late and win by about 15 as we foul trying I launch a late comeback.

sigmanorm

Starter
The UMASS alum assoc is pre-gaming at Brion's Grille. Reception is only $8, maybe we can get some cheap eats haha

Edit: They have 137 people registered so far, would the notice a couple more?

Harry

Starter
A friend of mine heads up the local chapter...he might let me in for free. No thanks, I'll get sedated in the Gold Room with friends!