Game 17: GMU (10-6 / 2-1) at St. Louis (10-6 / 2-1) on Wednesday, January 11, at 8:00 PM.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Come on, Cooper was horrible (2-9), so you leave him in the game at crunch time, and he misses key shots?. I know, who replaces him. and there is the problem. no bench, 1 point. Great game from Oduro, gone to waste. We have so little scoring from the guard position, and horrible free throw shooting. (12/23). Mason will once again finish in the middle of the pack. I just don't believe they are any better than that.
Win the next 3 winnable ones and I'll feel pretty good about a possible top 4 finish. Missed a great chance to take a huge step in that direction tonight though.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The FT's suck BUT being up 8 with 2:00 left means that literally all you have to do is defend the arc. Sorry but if you run the clock down on every one of your possessions then you almost certainly win. Even if they had gotten two on every trip. Insane to even let them take a 3.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The FT's suck BUT being up 8 with 2:00 left means that literally all you have to do is defend the arc. Sorry but if you run the clock down on every one of your possessions then you almost certainly win. Even if they had gotten two on every trip. Insane to even let them take a 3.
Hey, we find a way to lose on the road. ;)

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Win the next 3 winnable ones and I'll feel pretty good about a possible top 4 finish. Missed a great chance to take a huge step in that direction tonight though.

Kinda true...but this was a statement game. Win this and we in the top of the league discussion. Too bad we could only barely get the tip in. ;)

Irish44j

Sixth Man
Lots of air balls last 3 possessions. Gotta be better in that part of the game. Gave up a 10-0 run is bullshit.
This is what happens when you try to run down the clock to the very last second every time with the lead near the end. I'm all the big fan of simply trying to score and not worrying about the clock

hoops10

Sixth Man
so would Larranaga have lost this game? i doubt it. to me coach needs to take responsibility for this loss. up 8 with 2 minutes left. Seems he just doesn't have a plan for moments like this. call time out and take control.
i guess he is still learning.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is what happens when you try to run down the clock to the very last second every time with the lead near the end. I'm all the big fan of simply trying to score and not worrying about the clock
Was it that or did we get locked up with no where to go bc our players aren't diaper dandys? I'll have to go back and look. But if we had nba players, this would look boring instead of a jumbled mess at times.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
so would Larranaga have lost this game? i doubt it. to me coach needs to take responsibility for this loss. up 8 with 2 minutes left. Seems he just doesn't have a plan for moments like this. call time out and take control.
i guess he is still learning.
Hmmm...he had his issues breaking a zone too. But I don't remember blowing leads. Maybe one the nerd Rainmen on here can recall.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How every Mason fan feels right now. Replace Mets with GMU and other baseball teams with really anyone else in the A10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X3GT4edZ0gA
Oh noooo don’t bring that guy haha
Hmmm...he had his issues breaking a zone too. But I don't remember blowing leads. Maybe one the nerd Rainmen on here can recall.
Fairfield, odu, and plenty of others. Just off the top of my head. He’d find ways to habe his teams blow games too. But the very best years, they wouldn’t .

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh noooo don’t bring that guy haha

Fairfield, odu, and plenty of others. Just off the top of my head. He’d find ways to habe his teams blow games too. But the very best years, they wouldn’t .
Isn't this one of the best teams in a decade? Someone said that on here. Name starts with a J and ends with an M.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Isn't this one of the best teams in a decade? Someone said that on here. Name starts with a J and ends with an M.
Hoooo boy. Hey the 9-0 at home is one of the better home records we’ve had in a decade..

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Our biggest issue is we have no go-to guy outside of Josh who can create his own shot or that opposing teams fear. Ronnie can drive but has no real plan once he gets in the paint, and Cooper and Bailey just want to camp out and shoot 3s.

What this team sorely lacks is a player with a mid-range game who can penetrate a zone and knock down jumpers in the paint. Justin and Dinkins might fill that void in the future, but they’re obviously not there yet.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Our biggest issue is we have no go-to guy outside of Josh who can create his own shot or that opposing teams fear. Ronnie can drive but has no real plan once he gets in the paint, and Cooper and Bailey just want to camp out and shoot 3s.

What this team sorely lacks is a player with a mid-range game who can penetrate a zone and knock down jumpers in the paint. Justin and Dinkins might fill that void in the future, but they’re obviously not there yet.
VJ can get his own shot, but he was crazy passive tonight for some reason. He’s our leading scorer and we need him shooting the ball more than 5 times if he’s going to play 35 minutes.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I said it before, and I'll say it again, we don't have good enough players...and CKE isn't "all that." At least yet.