Game 17: GMU (10-6 / 2-1) at St. Louis (10-6 / 2-1) on Wednesday, January 11, at 8:00 PM.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What gives anyone any confidence that we can win a close game that’s not in our building? We’re terrible from the line, we lose the other teams best shooters in critical moments, and have zero movement on offense at the end of games…Moral victories are for loser programs.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The guys play so damn hard and the team finally looks like they belong in the league.

Yet we can’t figure out a way to get over the hump on the road.

Sign me up for round 2 on in Brooklyn in a heart beat.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So far in A10 play, we are shooting 62.3% from the line. Garbage. Probably making all of them in practice of course

Take out the St. Bonaventure game where we were 15-18, it drops to 57.3%.

nchocola

Walk-On
Cooper is WAY too streaky. Couldn’t make one of his two open threes at the end of the game. Then he commits a foul with one second left.

St Louis didn’t miss when it counted.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Their last four possessions were open 3, open 3, back door layup and foul on a mid range jumper. Atrocious. Our last four possessions I don’t specifically remember, but to sum up = clogged toilet offense.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Come on, Cooper was horrible (2-9), so you leave him in the game at crunch time, and he misses key shots?. I know, who replaces him. and there is the problem. no bench, 1 point. Great game from Oduro, gone to waste. We have so little scoring from the guard position, and horrible free throw shooting. (12/23). Mason will once again finish in the middle of the pack. I just don't believe they are any better than that.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
12-23 is not going to get it done in this league, plain and simple.

KE... we gotta get a bucket in the last minute. Would of pulled Cooper and put in Saquan for defense.

NewPatriot

Starter
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The guys play so damn hard and the team finally looks like they belong in the league.

Yet we can’t figure out a way to get over the hump on the road.

Sign me up for round 2 on in Brooklyn in a heart beat.

12-23 from the line. The story of the game. It was like the ODU game.

It's mental at this point. The next stage/challenge is for Mason to learn how to close out game.

The biggest disappointment for me. Oduro's teammates have pretty much wasted 2 of his greatest performances ever in green and gold uniform. 32 pts and not 24/15 with 2 blocks 2 streams and 3 assists yet 0-2 vs SLU by a combined total of 3 pts

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Im starting to really question the X and O capability....

You know you liked that trap where Josh got called for a charge. That was nice, but we are not used to running of steals we didn't know what to do.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It was basically give to Josh.

How about you fix the free throw problem bc sirens are going off.
They've been going off since last year. I have no idea what the problem is with this team and FTs

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s hard to pinpoint anything but free throws missing didn’t help. In addition, we came out of that timeout and had a shot clock violation.

In general our schemes look good, I thought the guys play their butts off and did everything they could defensively. Unfortunately when you don’t do a few little things and leave the door open good teams take advantage. I hate losing and I’m so frustrated, but it’s hard to question the staff too much.

Now as far as Cooper goes, I’d be fine seeing less of him on the court. He helped defensively overall but of course made the dumb play at the end and couldn’t shoot for shit tonight. I just don’t know who you put in, instead.

I hate losing, but no time to sulk. Mason has to get ready for Davidson and Gw in the next few days. Fortunately they are at home.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well, we were 327th in the nation in free throw percentage going into the game. We suck. Can't make um when it matters. Make a FU#KING FREE THROW. Too blunt? Game is over if we make 5 more.