Game 17: GMU (10-6 / 2-1) at St. Louis (10-6 / 2-1) on Wednesday, January 11, at 8:00 PM.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Potato Chips: First, apologies to Dan Quayle (e is for the plural). Second, they are lays potato chips.

Tortilla Chips: they are tortilla chips of the multi color variety.

Salsa: sucks.

Old Fashioned: strong.

Good night. Until 8pm EASTERN

Thank you and your liver to the tremendous sacrifices you made in trying all these drinks. I am glad the OF was strong.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My only thought that hasn't already been expressed here is that we are due to have a bit of 3 point shooting luck.

I also hope Josh is motivated by the cheap fouls he picked up Saturday, and plays under control like he did last year vs SLU when he had one of his best games

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
3 extra hours in the United lounge this morning (and now afternoon) will only allow for a more verbose and well rounded beverage report. Please ignore the increase in typos that may result.

Preliminary Report:
United Club Lounge, Terminal C, Dulles International Airport - I've been here enough lately to now have formed a personal opinion of the bar tender. While she is surly and blatently (for the sake of transparency , I'm going to leave in all typos even though numerous red and blue squigly lines are yelling at me to fix them - I am what I am) sexist, those unfavorable qualities do not necessarily negatively impact her drinking slinging ability.

Bloody Mary x 2 - First, she offered a spicy option, to which the obvious answer is yes. She made them from scratch, with olives and lime and not any bullshit celerary to reduce the volume of the cocktail. They were well seasoned - good flavor and some kick, but not so spicy that you feel like you need a drink to help drink your drink. Grade - B to B+.

Mimosa - this is the sexist part. When my wife orders two mimosas from her, she argues and says she can't order more than two drinks, even though the second is very obviously for her spouse. When I order two mimosas (last time was a month and a half ago), there is no push back or question. This morning when I entered and approached for my first order, the gentelmen (let it go - don't correct - TRANSPARENCY) in front of me ordered two mimosas (with grenadine?! what a monster), stating second was for his wife and surprise - no push back or argument from Ms. United Club Lounge Bartender Lady (her full formal name). SURPRISE - she is sexist against WOMEN!

I only ordered a single mimosa this round, her sexism firmly established and no longer in need of testing. She was heavy on the OJ pour earning a C to C- depending on how much mim you prefer to your osa.

Updates to come - taking requests for drinks to be reviewed, so get em in. Expat Hoops - you get priority!
I was in the United Business Class lounge last week and thought it was a MASSIVE improvement from what they had before. I don't know about drink limits, per se, but I was thankful they gave me my beer for free ... of course I did tip.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have no clue how but somehow mason is down a point.

3s weren’t falling, but somehow Ronny hits two late in the half. Very cool.
Lot of empty possessions or turnovers. Weird lineups too but we were trying.
Josh finally looked like himself down on the block. Much better having him down low.
Our guards (other than the beginning) actually kept up with their guards through screens and cuts. I was impressed by Ronny, Cooper, Justyn, Dinkins, all keeping up.
Jimerson has been quiet so far. Good.
Justyn looks much better on defense and his quickness defensively is a nice tool.

SLU is going to go hot and cold, but when they go cold Mason has to find a way to take advantage and take care of the ball.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
On TV, Ford was pissed about Josh scoring at will. Said they would start taking away his strong hand. Someone tell Josh. Lol

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It looked like we only had one guy get off the bus until Ronnie hit those two 3s. We need to cut down on the unforced turnovers and start making our free throws in the second half.

You know they will be swarming Josh after Ford’s halftime interview, so our guards really need to step up and take advantage of the open looks.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It looked like we only had one guy get off the bus until Ronnie hit those two 3s. We need to cut down on the unforced turnovers and start making our free throws in the second half.

You know they will be swarming Josh after Ford’s halftime interview, so our guards really need to step up and take advantage of the open looks.
Make free throws??????

patriotchild

Starter

Gotta have cutters diving to the rim and actually hit them.

We are terrible at entry passes. And we’ll see real quick if josh learned to pass out of the double.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Now this is what I thought we'd see this season with this two big lineup. AND we've thrown some different looks defensively at them. AND AND the faceup box out is officially dead for the third game in a row!