Game 17: GMU (10-6 / 2-1) at St. Louis (10-6 / 2-1) on Wednesday, January 11, at 8:00 PM.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I hope those fans that were flying into St Louis for the game got here last night and not today. Sounds like traveling today could be a nightmare.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hope those fans that were flying into St Louis for the game got here last night and not today. Sounds like traveling today could be a nightmare.
3 extra hours in the United lounge this morning (and now afternoon) will only allow for a more verbose and well rounded beverage report. Please ignore the increase in typos that may result.

Preliminary Report:
United Club Lounge, Terminal C, Dulles International Airport - I've been here enough lately to now have formed a personal opinion of the bar tender. While she is surly and blatently (for the sake of transparency , I'm going to leave in all typos even though numerous red and blue squigly lines are yelling at me to fix them - I am what I am) sexist, those unfavorable qualities do not necessarily negatively impact her drinking slinging ability.

Bloody Mary x 2 - First, she offered a spicy option, to which the obvious answer is yes. She made them from scratch, with olives and lime and not any bullshit celerary to reduce the volume of the cocktail. They were well seasoned - good flavor and some kick, but not so spicy that you feel like you need a drink to help drink your drink. Grade - B to B+.

Mimosa - this is the sexist part. When my wife orders two mimosas from her, she argues and says she can't order more than two drinks, even though the second is very obviously for her spouse. When I order two mimosas (last time was a month and a half ago), there is no push back or question. This morning when I entered and approached for my first order, the gentelmen (let it go - don't correct - TRANSPARENCY) in front of me ordered two mimosas (with grenadine?! what a monster), stating second was for his wife and surprise - no push back or argument from Ms. United Club Lounge Bartender Lady (her full formal name). SURPRISE - she is sexist against WOMEN!

I only ordered a single mimosa this round, her sexism firmly established and no longer in need of testing. She was heavy on the OJ pour earning a C to C- depending on how much mim you prefer to your osa.

Updates to come - taking requests for drinks to be reviewed, so get em in. Expat Hoops - you get priority!

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gonna lay the 6.5 with SLU as I see this as an 8-10 point loss. If we had Ticket, I'd be much more hopeful, but I just don't see being able to slow down Collins. We could possibly backdoor a 5 point loss, but very little faith in a W without Ticket in a tough place to win, in general.

IMO, think Front court eats today. SLU on the downturn recently. Feels like maybe it could come together, but we know how this works at this point folks.

SLU by 5 (Yes, I am predicting Mason covers), Oduro leads the way with 22, Ojiako gets back on the scoresheet as we dont see the double/triple teams we saw Bona and Loy-Chi give him, Coop struggles against Jimerson.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Normally, I fly in the morning of the games. They didn't have great flight times into STL and I had meetings, so, fortunately, I ended up flying in last night. So, I guess I got lucky on this one.

I need to start seeing some optimism on this game. We are going to win a close one by 3!

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Happy New Year GIF by HBO

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Potato Chips: First, apologies to Dan Quayle (e is for the plural). Second, they are lays potato chips.

Tortilla Chips: they are tortilla chips of the multi color variety.

Salsa: sucks.

Old Fashioned: strong.

Good night. Until 8pm EASTERN

Attachments

• A64FD7C1-C9F5-45E5-8066-0FC267339E48.jpeg
    A64FD7C1-C9F5-45E5-8066-0FC267339E48.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 164

FreeGunston12

All-American
Normally, I fly in the morning of the games. They didn't have great flight times into STL and I had meetings, so, fortunately, I ended up flying in last night. So, I guess I got lucky on this one.

I need to start seeing some optimism on this game. We are going to win a close one by 3!
I'm sorry but I have no optimism for this game. It's on the road and against a quality team with a quality point guard. I'd love to be able to throw different defensive looks at a team like this, but we don't really do that. We also have not won a true road game this season and have only won two road A-10 games under English.

I'm thinking everyone is making too much of the Loyola game. I'd love to be surprised, but I'll believe it when I see it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We’ve had some heartbreakers with Slu. Off the top of my head, the double overtime classic last year, the one in 2013 amongst others.

With the amount of teams at 2-1 going into Davidson and gw at 3-1 would be good breathing room. Going back to 2-2 doesn’t make it easier and puts mason back to the big glut.

Have to find a way tonight.