Game 16: St. Joe's, January 11, 8 PM, CBS Sports Network

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jay Marsh got in the middle of that one. I suspect some people from St. Joe's athletic department were on press row as Jay said something to at least two people after that incident.

Yeah that was crazy. One of the staff for St Joes on the bench actually was laughing when Jay was yelling at him and Jay got more upset. I'm glad they were told.

As for the Hawk, I'm intrigued if they try to do silly things in other arenas and get away with it. Oddly enough in the 90s they got into a bruhaha in Rhode Island

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjSnwxflN8

Scythe

Starter
Heck yeah. Everybody gets a better deal with The U. Each year since OCM left, I get a letter in the mail to be a "streaming season ticket holder" for $49.99 plus a free t-shirt.
Question. Is the streaming package in Mason SD? Or some fancy shmancy HD?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
At least a nice crowd turned out tonight considering it went up against football and it was winter break, the boxscore says 5027 came out tonight.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
It actually was a pretty good crowd. They were into it and it was fairly crowded in the lower levels.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Considering it's a game over break it's not so bad. Even in the best seasons we aren't gonna sell out that arena...the Pat Center is too big.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I've got a recipe for immediate, guaranteed success: Before every game, Hewitt should decide what his instincts are telling him to do against our upcoming opponent, and do the exact opposite.

I know we're not a great -- or even good -- pressing team. But SJU has very little depth at full strength and even less than that with both Roberts and Miles in street clothes. So can somebody please explain to me why we didn't press and push the tempo in an attempt to get into the Hawks' sorry bench?

Letting them walk the ball up the court and play in the halfcourt against our awful defense was playing right into Martelli's hands.

We outscored their bench 27-2, but not that it made any difference; with help from Hewitt, Martelli was able to play his 5 starters for all but about 10 minutes.

Brilliant!

Even Pete Gillen, who was never a master tactician during his coaching days, wondered aloud multiple times why we weren't pressing. When Pete Gillen is second-guessing your coaching, that's just about rock bottom.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Jay Marsh got in the middle of that one. I suspect some people from St. Joe's athletic department were on press row as Jay
said something to at least two people
after that incident.

Jay needs to be careful or that other hip could be in danger.